Can't add Video in D7

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Tue, 10/24/2017 - 10:53
Can't add Video in D7

Hi,

unfortunately I'm not able to add a video Element. By clicking the button a dialog "Item settings" pops up where I can search for a video, enter a video ID and a name. Maybe I misunderstand something, but no video is shown there. I've already uploaded one using the media module and it is available there in the files list. What can I do to solve the problem? Adding images works fine...

- Drupal 7.56
- MD Slider 7.x-2.22
- jQuery Update module is also used

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 10/24/2017 - 23:10

Hi there,

Please insert (youtube or vimeo) video url first, then click button "Search" to generate video ID and video name

You cannot enter video ID and video name first

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Wed, 10/25/2017 - 04:23

Ah, OK. Will it be possible to add a local video file (for example mp4)?

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 10/25/2017 - 04:30

Hi,

Sorry, our module does not support that function 

Only insert youtube/vimeo video url

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Wed, 10/25/2017 - 05:40

OK, this works. Thank you. Is there a way to enable autoplay?

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 10/25/2017 - 05:50

Hi,

We do offer that function

Please go to Configure and check  Auto play slides

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Wed, 10/25/2017 - 06:39

Yes, the option is checked - but I mean autoplay for youtube videos so they are played immediately. Now I have to click on thumbnail image to show the video player and again to start the video. Maybe you could change the Youtube embed code which is generated.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 10/26/2017 - 04:22

Hi,

We have added this function

Please check your email for update version

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Fri, 11/03/2017 - 05:06

Hi,

thank you, it works now. If the full width option is enabled, the video is shown with full width. I'm not sure whether it's intended to be, but that's what I want.

There are two other things which I hope you can fix too:

- A slide containing a video which is started automatically does not switch to the next one, even when the video has stopped.
- No text/image elements can be placed on the video element.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 11/04/2017 - 06:51

Hi,

Because the video is just an object, not background video, so it is impossible to add text or image onto video (video is just an element/object like text, image). And we just embed youtube and vimeo video link, so we could not calculate when videos end to move to next slide. 

Normally, you have to click on the video thumbnail to play that video. So, to play video automatically as your request, we just code to make auto click on video thumbnail.

If you like, you can try background video. We have not added this features in our MD Slider yet. 
Please open file slide_settings.tpl.php in folder md_slider/templates/admin/ and search

<div class="choose-slide-bg-color clearfix" style="display:none;'">          
            <a href="" class="show-video-box" >Background video</a>
        </div>

then remove style="display:none;"

Then go to edit slider and set background video, then insert your video link
For ex, http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.mp4

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Mon, 11/06/2017 - 05:35

OK, I have removed the display:none; style and now I see the "Background video" link. But when I click on it, the settings dialog closes and nothing happens... Is it a bug or how can I add the background video?

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 11/07/2017 - 02:40

Hi,

We need your site url, admin account and FTP account to check this issue

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 11/07/2017 - 04:33

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 11/08/2017 - 03:28

Our dev has fixed already

Please check

AdvancedMedia's picture
AdvancedMedia
Wed, 11/08/2017 - 05:05

OK, thank you. It works now.

But it's important for me to know what the problem was, because I have to install and configure the module on our live site. Could you please tell me which changes you hve made?

The start transition effect doesn't work. Maybe you could fix it in the next version - it's OK for now.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 11/08/2017 - 21:22

It was our mistake when uploading files. This will be surely updated in next version

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.