New content type with AWEcontent

jerlyon's picture
jerlyon
Wed, 11/04/2015 - 14:05
New content type with AWEcontent

Hi, I've tried adding the use of AWEcontent on a content type I created, but it's not working. After adding the option, when I create a new node, the "Build Page with AWEcontent" button does not work. I add my title and other required fields then click save. On the page I then see these errors.

• Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in awecontent_node_submit() (line 923 of/home/thorncrk/thorncreek.church/sites/all/modules/custom/md_awecontent/awecontent.module).

• Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in awecontent_node_submit() (line 924 of/home/thorncrk/thorncreek.church/sites/all/modules/custom/md_awecontent/awecontent.module).

I also see my new node along with a node that has no type and a title of Title. The "Title" content is unpublished.

If I then go to edit the new node I created, I can click the "Build Page with AWEcontent". I select a template, and everything is working as expected.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 11/04/2015 - 23:15

Hi,

Which version of Awecontent are you using on your site? And how did you create content type (UI, code, or features)? The problem appears only when creating first node of content type or also with next nodes?

We checked and could not see error as you described.

jerlyon's picture
jerlyon
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 01:56

I'm using version 7.x-1.1 of md_awecontent. I created one content type via features and a test one via the UI. Both had the same issue. The problem appears with 1st and next nodes. Right now I"m able to move forward and everything appears to be working. The errors are just annoying and could confuse my client.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 03:50

Please check your email for the updated version of MD AWEContent

Just update and see if it works

jerlyon's picture
jerlyon
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 13:06

The updated version did not resolve this problem. I created a brand new content type along with my existing one just to be sure. Both of them did the same thing as before (errors and created unpublished "Title" nodes with no type).

jerlyon's picture
jerlyon
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 15:13

I had to revert to the old version. After I updated the module, when I would try to update any awe page, if I clicked the edit button of a section or block, the left side drawer would come out, but not display anything.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 11/05/2015 - 22:14

So could your send us your site url, admin account and FTP account? We would like to have a check on your site. 

Please remember to check "Private message" for security reason.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 11/06/2015 - 06:03

Hi,

We will check and reply ASAP :)

(P/s: We have 2 weekend days off this week. We will be back on next Monday. So, please understand for us if you do not receive any reply. Thank you very much for your patience)

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 12/08/2015 - 22:21

Hi,

Please update new version of MD AWEContent 7.x-1.2

jerlyon's picture
jerlyon
Wed, 12/09/2015 - 22:56

Thanks. I'm on 7.x-1.2. I have not noticed any issues since.

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Sun, 03/20/2016 - 23:26

For what it's worth, I see the same error, but when I clone a page, using the Node Clone module, and in the Structure theme. The errors don't seem to affect the page created, but maybe it'll give you more info on the cause of the error.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 03/20/2016 - 22:29

Thank you for your feedback

We will check this issue

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Sun, 03/20/2016 - 23:27

Correction on my part: It seems that the page is affected when I clone a page. Because for me, it occurs with the Structure theme, I started a separate thread: http://megadrupal.com/forum/theme-support/structure/2704

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.