Corrupted Layer settings

droddis's picture
droddis
Mon, 04/21/2014 - 14:36
Corrupted Layer settings

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing text layer attributes being wiped out or reacting in a strange manner. For example I have text layers on a slider that are given font/size and color properties. Then for no reason they lose those properties and revert back to plain, small text. If I delete the layer and re-create it the changes work fine, but then periodically the subsequent layer seems to get corrupted. Can you please answer the following?

• 1. What is the recommened JQuery library to use? especially if I'm using JQuerey Update?
  • 2. Are there any known issues in sliders with multiple slides with text layers being corrupted and losing their effects?
  • 3. Should I be creating theme specific css styles for any text styles I want to apply as opposed to using the WYSIWYG editor within the slide?
  • Thanks in advance for your help.
cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 05:20

Hi,
There has been no issues like yours so far
If possible, please send your site as well as admin account via [email protected] for us to check
Regards

droddis's picture
droddis
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 07:27

I think this is similar to another comment I posted on previously that another user posted.

http://megadrupal.com/forum/module-support/mega-slider/403 Did you resolve this issue?

It's very difficult to give you admin access as there is sensitive user information, but here is the link to the slider in question. As you can see on slide 3 we have varying text sizes, despite everything looking good in the edit slider window.

http://devsite2.roddiscomms.com/tenebraex

The 3rd slide is a good example of the issues.

webworksvt's picture
webworksvt
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 12:34

Hi, I have recently installed version 2.9 and when I go to edit the text on my slides, the CSS is not sticking when I save them. I do have generate CSS selected in my settings. You can see the un-formatted text appear on slides 3 and 4 here: http://173.205.127.190/~geeksa5/worldento/

droddis's picture
droddis
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 13:02

That's exactly what I'm seeing as well.

webworksvt's picture
webworksvt
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 13:28

I need to get this working, so I'll probably write the CSS myself. Although, this defeats the purpose. I purchased this plug-in so that a non-technical admin could create cool slideshows. This is a critical issue. Version 2.9 does not work as advertised.

droddis's picture
droddis
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 13:30

Hey Webworksvt, have you tried creating the custom css styles yet? I was waiting to see if they would fix it but they may not be in a position to do so. I was curious if custom css styles fix it

webworksvt's picture
webworksvt
Tue, 04/22/2014 - 16:23

Yes, I fixed my issue by hand coding the solution, which is straightforward. Go to sites/default/files and find the .css file created by the module: md-slider-YOUR-SLIDESHOW-NAME-layers.css

Simply add the CSS that the module is failing to save. The stylesheet has a generic, sequential naming convention, so it's fairly easy to identify which style settings are missing entirely and correct the mistakes that are generated by the module.

If the company cannot resolve this programmatically I'll have to get my money back. The point is for a non-technical person to be able to make the slides.

You can use the module to correctly set the timing, transistions, dimensions, but not the layer css. If you use this hack, be sure that you keep a backup copy of the stylesheet you edit; because when you resave the slideshow (while say editing the transitions), the stylesheet file is (of course) overwritten.

Hope this helps.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.