Slide delay and translation time

BengtR's picture
BengtR
Fri, 03/14/2014 - 09:39
Slide delay and translation time

I have created a slider with 5 slides. Each slide contain only a different "background" image (Slide n > Settings > Choose Image). I also choose "Fade" as transition. After I created the first slide I just cloned it four times and changed the image for each cloned slide. In other words I don't use any other objects on the slides.

After that I thought I could change the "Slide delay" and "Slide's translation time" under Configuration tab. But no matter how I change these values, they don't seem to change the speed or transition time. It seems as if the slide have the same speed as the default (Slide delay=8000 ms and Slide's translation time=800 ms) or something like that.

First I thought that the post http://megadrupal.com/forum/module-support/mega-slider/311 was about the same thing, but it seems to be another issue with transition time between "objects" on a slide.

Is this a bug or do I misunderstand something (I am new to MD Slides)?

/Bengt

BengtR's picture
BengtR
Fri, 03/14/2014 - 11:44

I saw now that Slide delay was 8000 ms in the rendered code. I think the reason was that the first slide was created when that setting still was 8000 ms. And a change on the Configuration page doesn't affect existing slides. So I changed that to 6000 on each slide manually using the timeline.

But is it the same with "Slide's translation time"? But how do I change that on existing slides. I can't see any setting for that and I don't want to add any objects to the timeline (like just having one slide with 5 big image objects on the time line).

Or is the only solution to re-create the slider? That seems strange.

/Bengt

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 03/17/2014 - 03:57

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for your concern in our product and sorry for replying late.
Regarding your questions, We deleted the Slide Delay time function but we did not remove it from the form.
Thus, you can use Slide's transition time to configure the slide. Or you can go to MD Slider/Edit, use the blue vertical line (in the Timeline Setting) to configure the slide time as you did
Regards,

BengtR's picture
BengtR
Mon, 03/17/2014 - 04:21

Hi!

Thanks for the answer. But I don't understand where I can change the "Slide's translation time". If I change that setting under the configuration tab, nothing changes as I explained above. So where can I set that when I only use one main image / slide?

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 03/17/2014 - 23:11

Hi,
As you said above, you can change the slide time transition by using the timeline (the blue vertical line in timeline setting) cause we actually deleted the setting in configuration tab.
Regards,

BengtR's picture
BengtR
Tue, 03/18/2014 - 01:02

Hi!
I understand that I can set the "Slide delay" (how long time each slide will show) using the timeline (moving the blue vertical line in Timeline to the left or right). But sorry, I don't get how I can use the blue vertical line to set how long the "slide's translation time" or transition time should be, in my case how long the fading should be between each slide change. Now the fading is too quick (like one second), I want it to be longer so the fading will be "smother". (By the way, in the page source I can see the following for each slide: 'data-transition="fade" data-timeout="6000"', but nothing similar to 'data-transition-time="800"'.)

BengtR's picture
BengtR
Thu, 03/20/2014 - 05:38

Hi Cindy!

Maybe my question is stupid and I miss something obvious. But please, how can I change the length of (in my case) the fading effect when one slide changes to the next (and I use only one main (background) image per slide, no objects on the timeline)? I can only move the blue vertical line to the left or the right (how long time each slide will be active), not make it thicker or something like that (to make the transition between two slides longer).

Regards,
Bengt

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 03/20/2014 - 06:16

Hi BengtR,
Firstly, we want to offer our thanks for your concern in our Mega Slider.
Currently, our product has not supported this function yet. We are in the progress of testing the new version in which that kind of function is included. Thus, please wait until it is released.
If you want, we can send you the beta version; however, it is not completed yet and there may be some errors when you use. Of course, we will be ready to support and help you.
If you're interested in our beta version, please contact us via [email protected]
Regards,

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.