Main Sidebar Menu

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Sun, 03/20/2016 - 23:35
Main Sidebar Menu

I'm trying to understand where to make new sidebar menus, and one thing in particular confuses me: When I go to Structure > blocks, I see the Main Sidebar Menu is in the Disabled section. But this menu is on multiple pages of the site. Shouldn't the fact that it's marked as disabled prevent it from showing?

thanks!

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 00:05

Hello,

1. The Main Sidebar Menu is created by using this module https://www.drupal.org/project/menu_block. You can read an article about using and configuring it here: https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/menu-tricks-1-improve-site-navigation-...

2. When you edit a page such as ABOUT US. Hover your mouse on a blank part above the Contact Section. This is the Sidebar Menu. Because the javascript of this block is disable in Awecontent so this block does not appear. You can set the title for it.

Image title

Thanks!

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 01:52

Great, thanks for the links!

But if I make a new page using the Architecture Services template, the sidebar menu should be there, no?

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 02:47

It will be there if the page you create has the template of Architecture Service.

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 15:29

When I make a page using the Architecture Services template, there is no left sidebar. And when I go to edit the page, I see a long list of warnings:

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in element_children() (line 6541 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 5998 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 6008 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 6046 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#printed' in drupal_render() (line 6053 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in element_children() (line 6541 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 5998 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 6008 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 6046 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#printed' in drupal_render() (line 6053 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in drupal_render() (line 5998 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in drupal_render() (line 6053 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in drupal_render() (line 5998 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in drupal_render() (line 6053 of /home3/montreb2/public_html/d7/includes/common.inc).

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 16:10

You have to check your code in modules that you edited or created.

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 16:38

I didn't touch common.inc - the only include I edited was to add my custom css file, which looks like this:

//  drupal_add_css();
  drupal_add_css("{$path_theme}/css/front/style.css");
  drupal_add_css("{$path_theme}/css/front/normalize.css");
  drupal_add_css("{$path_theme}/css/front/slick.css");
  drupal_add_css("{$path_theme}/css/front/main.css");
  drupal_add_css("{$path_theme}/css/front/insmonk.css");

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 17:43

I also disabled the only module that I installed, which was Node Clone.

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 20:32

Please send me your Website account. Remember to backup database before giving me that info.

Thanks!

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 20:54

Ok, backing my db now, will msg you details when it's done

thank you

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 23:59

The problem is fixed. Thanks!

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 00:12

Great, thank you! Could you describe very briefly what the problem was?

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 01:14

If you want to place the Main Sidebar Menu into a page you should go to Structure -> Menu -> Main Menu. And adding a new menu item into the sub-menu of Company menu. Because the Main Sidebar Menu gets data from sub-menu of Company menu so you need to do that to avoid getting error messages. Please see the picture.

Image title

Thanks!

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 01:31

What do I do if I don't want the commercial insurance page to be a child of any page aside from home? Is this in the documentation?

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 02:47

Please remove that Main Sidebar Menu out of the page that you don't want it to be a child of any pages.

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 03:27

You didn't understand what I asked you.

I don't want the commercial insurance page to be a child of 'Company' and I want it to have a menu.

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 03:07

Please see the picture.

Image title

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 16:08

What I'm asking is simple. What I want is:

1. A sidebar menu

2. Page not in the company dropdown menu

Adding 10 exclamation doesn't help me understand "Please remove that Main Sidebar Menu out of the page that you don't want it to be a child of any pages." I'm trying to be patient here.

thanks

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 03:19

My answer is very clear. If you don't understand just figure out your method. That's all.

mattypants's picture
mattypants
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 03:28

ok :]

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.