Non utf characters on displaying content from page-builder

karma0321's picture
karma0321
Wed, 01/21/2015 - 06:33
Non utf characters on displaying content from page-builder

Hi, I already wrote on themeforest comment platform, as you asked it, I paste my message here to start a new thread.

"Hi, very good work. I’m going through a issue with non standard letters (spanish ñ and accented letters) in page builder.. they are stored OK in the database but when i load the page they come up as weird symbols like ó for ó, etc.. Could you look at it and help me to fix it? thanks! "

karma0321's picture
karma0321
Wed, 01/21/2015 - 07:50

Update: 

There's no problem on first save, but after first edit and saving again every non-standard character turns into one of those weird codes. and every new save multiplicates the weird codes because they too are non-standard characters, so every new save generates a longer string of weird symbols for every accented letter originally in that position. you can try it even with the € character.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 01/21/2015 - 22:19

We see your point. We need your site's url and admin account to log in to check this problem. Please send us to [email protected] (also this forum link)

karma0321's picture
karma0321
Thu, 01/22/2015 - 05:19

i am developing it locally, i cannot give you any valid URL.. anyway you can easily reproduce the bug in every page builder page, just add an € symbol, save, reload the page, go to edit mode and save again. Reload the page and you'll see how it turned into a weird code.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 01/22/2015 - 23:26

Hi,

If you want to insert a symbol into page builder, you should not directly insert the symbol. You have to use ASCII code to insert.
This is the code: http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

karma0321's picture
karma0321
Fri, 01/23/2015 - 06:56

..... i don't really think this is a solution.. i mean, i know what you guys are able to do and i think a good solution would be to let the users put their content as they want it to render (just like any other input interface out there) and let the software do the job...

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 01/26/2015 - 03:18

Hi,

Thank you for your idea but we have no intention to update this yet

And adding the code is rather easy without too much time and difficult (just copy and paste)

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.