Update to AWE

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Wed, 09/16/2015 - 20:44
Update to AWE

I received the download and have the manual....but I'm updating phoenix to AWE from SPB.  Do you have specific instructions for disabling SPB and enabling AWE in the Phoenix environment?  I don't see that captured in the documentation for AWE.  

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 09/16/2015 - 23:02

Hi,

Because SPB and Awecontent can not be used together so you need to uninstall all SPB and enable Awecontent.

Please go to admin/modules to uninstall all of SPB and enable all Awecontent, Awecontent shortcodes,..

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Thu, 09/17/2015 - 00:35

With all due respect I downloaded and unzipped the package via the link in the email you sent.  It is not named md_content-7.x-2.0.  The documentation (downloaded from a separate attachment in your email) indicates that when I unzip the package I will see a file called md_awecontent-7.x-2.0   This is NOT the case.  What I see is md_phoenix_install_profile.  Looking in that I see a complete Drupal installation.  Looking in the sites/all/modules folder I see all the same modules as in my original phoenix download, minus simplr_pagebuilder.  Bottom line, there is no folder/module (zipped or otherwise) called md_awecontent in the .zip package   Can you please send me the proper link to download the md_awecontent-7.x-2.0 module (if in fact that is what I need per the documentation).

Thanks for your attention.  I have deleted/uninstalled simplr_pagebuilder so I am stuck until you provide the correct download for md_awecontent.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/17/2015 - 03:24

Check your email please. We just sent you an email :)

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 18:00

I need help.  This is not making sense.  I don't see any objects in the AWE page builder. I don't seem to be able to do anything in the AWE page builder.  

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Downloaded the new MD-phoenix profile via the link you sent me in email.  I did not re-install my whole drupal installation, I only uploaded and unzipped the MD-Phoenix theme, replacing the original from my envato purchase. I cleared cache.  I also uploaded and installed the AWE module which you sent me in a different attachment.

2. Following your documentation I went to all the MD phoenix default content types and enabled them for use with AWE.  I did not touch the page wrapper nor google font fields...(I have no idea what page wrapper elements are, nor what mine are specifically, so just left them blank).  When I look at one of the content types (e.g., Basic Page) it has "body" in that field by default.  I hope that is ok.

I then saw the message about needing to update .info and watched the tutorial.  Your most recent MD-phoenix theme already had the awe-content = 1 set in the .info file.  I added the line for container-width to 1170 which was not in your .info file. I refreshed cache.

3. I looked at the Awecontent tab in the administration menu and saw the one-page template and the sections.  I did not add any additional pages nor sections.

4. I noticed that you have template sections called "team" and "contacts" etc., but there are also content types for these.  I'm not sure of the difference, but whatever.  

5. I tried to follow the tutorial but noticed it is all about creating new pages and new sections in the templates.  I thought I'd start by using the existing sections and just build a new page (content node).

6. I tried to add new a new node/content (selecting the page builder content type), and selected build page with AWE Content.  I selected the one-page template, and got this error:

• Notice: Undefined index: comment_node_page-builder_form in drupal_retrieve_form() (line 806 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/form.inc).

• Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'comment_node_page-builder_form' not found or invalid function name in drupal_retrieve_form() (line 841 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/form.inc).

7. In AWE (after selecting use AWE to buld page per above) I see the section tab and can view the existing sections.  The main content panel looks like a typical content node (admin view) with both View/Edit Tabs. (plus the error message at the top).

On the Object Tab I do not see ANY objects.  So I cannot drag drop anything onto the main content panel area.....there's nothing there to drag/drop

So, something is incomplete, or not working, and the tutorial/documentation doesn't help.  Again, I just thought I'd update one of the existing content nodes, such as the phoenix basic page or HomePage using AWE, and it doesn't seem to work.....tryihng to add content using one of the phoenix content types (using AWE) also does not work.    

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 18:17

Oh, and I don't see any AWE "Shortcodes" at least that I know of.

I only received from you the updated MD_phoenix profile and then the AWE module attachment  (see first couple messages above)....

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 22:31

Could you send us your site url and tell us what your would like to have on site? We would like to help you build a demo.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/21/2015 - 04:16

We can not access by account you gave. Could you check it again?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/21/2015 - 22:47

Please up module shortcode that we sent you by email. After enabling, please go to /node/81/edit, click "Build page by Awecontent" to edit/change whatever you would like. 

If you would like to create new page by Awecotent, please go to Content -> Add Content -> Chọn Awecontent -> Click Build Page with Awecontent

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 09/21/2015 - 22:50

Hi,

Please check your email for the file

Please download and install it in your theme

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Mon, 09/21/2015 - 23:21

Ok, so I downloaded and installed the shortcodes.  I see a content node called HomePage, and it "sort of" works.

when I navigate to it my menus are no longer visible.  I[m not sure if that is supposed to be a header slideshow but it doesn't work if it is. (I do have a header slideshow enabled in the theme settings configuration, but in this homepage it is not visible nor working - there is just a single static image, but again, no header menu visible).

I was still hoping to see once more a fully working OnePage demo, just like the online preview I saw when I bought Phoenix and the same one I had working (default one page demo) before I loaded AWE.  

Anyway, when I click edit on the Home Page node you provided I get a hundred or so errors showing as below (partial list as it is too long to include).

Are you still working on completing a demo page that looks like the one I saw when I first installed Phoenix with page-builder?

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in element_children() (line 6525 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 5982 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 5992 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 6030 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#printed' in drupal_render() (line 6037 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in element_children() (line 6525 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 5982 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 5992 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#children' in drupal_render() (line 6030 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

• Warning: Illegal string offset '#printed' in drupal_render() (line 6037 of /home/jkstermi/public_html/jksrwild.com/includes/common.inc).

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 09/22/2015 - 00:04

So could you send us your FTP account?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 09/22/2015 - 03:35

Can not access. Please check your FTP again.

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Wed, 09/23/2015 - 00:55

It looks like it is very nearly working now...except that the menu only shows "home" link in spite of other links also being active.  I even activated the MD_portfolio links on the menu adminstration/configuration page, but none of them show up on the menu bar either.  I think this is supposed to be a one-pager, with the menu "buttons" smooth scrolling to the breakpoints for each section, no?  I'll start working through the manual again, perhaps they mention something about menus, but it is either not working or this is a different setup than typical Drupal menus..  If you have any guidance on the menu that would be great.  I like the way the original menu folded up, then became permanent at the top of the screen while scrolling.  

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Wed, 09/23/2015 - 00:59

Ok, maybe this is work in progress as now, all menu items show up and all but one (portoflio) work.  I'll check back in the am....looking like we might be there!  Whew!  

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 09/23/2015 - 01:04

Check it again please :)

And about your contents and images, please help us to re-update.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 09/23/2015 - 05:14

We just edited in your Awecontent, but saw errors below:

Image title

It seems like that your server sets up permission to not allow accessing these files so we can not edit panel of Awecontent.

Please check server configuration.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 09/23/2015 - 23:46

Hi,

The problem is not about permission on your serve, may be server settings block post request, so there appears error (as screenshot above)

You can contact your Hosting Provider to ask about this

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Thu, 09/24/2015 - 13:04

Hello.  I opened a ticket with Green Geeks support.  This i the exchange.  They are asking for your WAN IP, as it might be blocked?  

Michael P:You will have to ask them for their WAN IP, they must have got blocked in the server firewall, they can check their WAN IP at www.whatismyip.com
10:00Michael P:And I will unblock it
10:00Joe Stermitz:So you will need their specific WAN IP, is that correct?
10:01Michael P:Right

If you can provide me your WAN IP then I can relay that to Green Geeks and they can unblock you in their firewall (if that is in fact the issue).

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 09/25/2015 - 03:15

Here is instruction for you, please do step by step and check if it works:

1, On your site, go to /node/84/edit?destination=admin/content

2, Click "Build page with Awecontent"

3, Select Blank, click "Choose" button

4, Click icon "Pen" of the panel. See the below image:

Image title

5, Right click -> Inspect Element then click ">"in low right of desktop (see image) to display error notification.

Image title

Then take a screenshot and send to us.

We are checking if you IP is blocked too or only our IP is blocked on your server.

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Sat, 09/26/2015 - 18:14

Here is a capture of the screen and below is the error list in case you can't zoom in enough on the image.  Now what am I supposed to do next? :

Image title

jquery.min.js?v=1.10.2:5 The specified value "!" does not conform to the required format.  The format is "#rrggbb" where rr, gg, bb are two-digit hexadecimal numbers.

http://jksrwild.com/misc/[email protected] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

http://jksrwild.com/sites/all/themes/md_phoenix/img/lineSeparatorWhite@2... Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

http://jksrwild.com/sites/default/files/globe%[email protected] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

http://jksrwild.com/sites/all/themes/md_phoenix/img/[email protected] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

2http://jksrwild.com/sites/all/themes/md_phoenix/img/lineSeparatorWhite@2... Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

http://jksrwild.com/awe-content/panel Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 09/27/2015 - 22:32

Hi,

We can see you have same error so please send WanIP to your hosting. After it is unblocked, please try again and check if Awecontent can work normally.

Our WanIP: 117.5.84.102

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 09/27/2015 - 22:32

Hi,

We can see you have same error so please send WanIP to your hosting. After it is unblocked, please try again and check if Awecontent can work normally.

Our WanIP: 117.5.84.102

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 14:23

Continuing the "saga" here.  I worked with greengeeks - they said your IP is not blocked, and of course mine is not either.  They added you to their white list, but I still get the same error.  They also get the error when they try this on Chrome.  Interestingly, they said they don't get the error using Firefox, but then the edit panel "progress bar" also continues to run and never completes loading.

The "forbidden 403" message is a result of Drupal trying to load "jksrwild.com/awe-content/panel, correct?  That folder does not exist in my folder structure, and I wouldn't expect awe-content to be at that level anyway.  Wouldn't it be at jksrwild.com/sites/all/themes/md_phoenix or jksrwild.com/sites/all/modules or something like that?  (I'm not so familiar with Drupal URLs vs the host file structure).

Do you have a complete new Phoenix install package with Awe Content built in?  Maybe I should delete the whole installation and start fresh.  Recall that I started with phoenix page builder and then you sent me a link to download a new install for AWE, but it did not contain the awe-content module, nor shortcodes....so this was not a complete, fresh installation of Phoenix.  

At this point I would almost prefer to start over if you have a complete, tested and validated Phoenix theme, complete with Awe content integrated and working, with demo page.  

Let me know.  I don't know what else to do.  Permissions and server do not appear to be the cause of the issue, at least as far as we can determine.  I know that doesn't explain why we have a 403 issue and not a 404 "not found" issue, but either way this doesn't work.

You can see my screen shot at snag.gy/uJiMy.jpg

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 22:42

Hi,

Please check your email

We send you the install profile package of the theme

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 01:29

I reset my data base and files and reloaded the new .zip install profile per the new download link you emailed. I ran install.php and set up the refreshed site.  I then enabled all the content types to "use with AWE Content".    I then went to one of the default content nodes http://jksrwild.com/node/80/edit?destination=admin/content and tried to edit the page by selecting on the "pen" icon.  That popped out the left panel with a progress bar as before, which continually "runs" and never completes. 

...I inspected element in Chrome and got the same errors, plus this time I got another error on accessing your phoenix logo, as well as an "uncaught type error"  (had had never seen these errors before)  in my previous installation.

You can see the screenshot at http://snag.gy/3wWtG.jpg    and I have attached here.  Notice again drupal is trying to load items which it cannot find and which do not exist in my site file structure after the installation was completed.  One example from the list:

The requested URL "/sites/all/themes/md_phoenix/img/[email protected]" was not found on this server.

Again there is a "forbidden" error on awe-content/panel, which also is not a valid folder in my site folder structure (it was not created by the install profile script)

Image title

Please advise.  This is a fresh install from your most recent profile.  

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 04:08

Please check you site.

We just fixed it :)

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 16:10

Well, it looks like some of the errors are resolved, but the awe-panel is still not working and I still have the uncaught Type error.  And of course your Phoenix logo is not loading from the external site, but that is not a problem for me as I will replace it with my own.

Can you tell me specifically what you fixed and how?  If I have to reload the site from the install profile I would have the same issues again.  

I will try a local host installation as well as firefox.  However, the attempt to load awe-panel is still blocked ("Forbidden")....and I see no way to fix that.  Security and IP blocking should not be the issue.

You can see my screen shot here:

http://snag.gy/ng8CL.jpg

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 16:40

So, I downloaded and installed Firefox.  I do not get the Awepanel error using Firefox.  Therefore, the 403 "Forbidden" error has something to do with Chrome's default security settings.  I have the same issue in Chrome on multiple computers, all of which have default settings.  If I knew more about Chrome I might be able to find out what to change to make this work.  In the meantime I will try to use Firefox for development.

If you know why Chrome might be blocking Awe-panel, please advise.

Also, even in Firefox I get a TypeError on a js item...which you can see in this screenshot.  (the full message is visibile just above the console button).

http://snag.gy/i5n93.jpg

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 23:33

This problem is fixed on Chrome already. You can see our screenshot below:

Image title

on Chrome and no error.

Could you clear cache browser and try once again?

Our version of Chrome: 45.0.2454.101

About the js error in your attached image, it is just a warning, wil not affect to your site and you can see it does not appear in our screenshot too.

jkstermitz's picture
jkstermitz
Wed, 09/30/2015 - 01:23

All working.  Wow.  That was a bit of a haul to get there, but it looks like now everything is working.  I did what you suggested and Chrome now works, and the intro logo (your phoenix icon) loads.  I will replace that of course with my own.  Thanks so much for sticking with me through this. 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.