Layout and Assign menu disappears

bjf's picture
bjf
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 02:42
Layout and Assign menu disappears

Hi, I keep losing the Layout and Assign menus so I'm unable to edit anything.

This is a simple script I'm using. Not sure if it is somehow interfering but it seems to disappear as soon as I add this. The script runs fine, but the menus disappear.

Thanks for any suggestion.

-Ben

jQuery(function(){
        jQuery('.showSingle').click(function(){
              jQuery('.targetDiv').hide();
              jQuery('#div'+$(this).attr('target')).show();
        });
});

jQuery(function(){

jQuery('.showSingle2').click(function(){
              jQuery('.targetDiv2').hide();
        });
});

jQuery(function(){

jQuery('.showSingle3').click(function(){
              jQuery('.targetDiv3').hide();
        });
});

jQuery(function(){

jQuery('.showSingle4').click(function(){
              jQuery('.targetDiv4').hide();
        });
});

This is the HTML:

<div>
<div class="buttons">
<a  class="showSingle" target="1">Year</a>
<a  class="showSingle" target="2">Year2</a>
<a  class="showSingle" target="3">Year3</a>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv" >
<div class="buttons">
<a  class="showSingle2" target="20">12"</a>
<a  class="showSingle2" target="21">13"</a>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv2" >
<a>2015</a>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv2" >
<a>2008</a>
<a>2009</a>
</div>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv" >
<div class="buttons">
<a  class="showSingle3" target="30">13</a>
<a  class="showSingle3" target="31">15</a>
<a  class="showSingle3" target="32">17</a>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv3" >
<a>2009</a>
<a>2010</a>
<a>2011</a>

</div>
<a>2008</a>
<a>2009</a>
</div>
<a>2009</a>
<a>2010</a>
</div>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv" >
<div class="buttons">
<a  class="showSingle4" target="40">11</a>
<a  class="showSingle4" target="41">13</a>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv4" >
<a>2014</a>
<a>2015</a>
</div>
<div class="targetDiv4" >
<a>2014</a>
<a>2015</a>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 03:19

Hi,

Could you send us your site url, admin and FTP accounts (forum link as well) via email: [email protected]?

We would like to have a check.

bjf's picture
bjf
Fri, 07/31/2015 - 00:37

just local right now. this is a screen shot. the menus don't come back even after I remove the script from the js library and clear the cache. it's a clean install with one thing done to it, which is adding that html and adding that script to the theme js library.

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 07/31/2015 - 01:02

It is very difficult for us to find a solution without having a check.

However we think that you should try to disable all of script which is on the 1st post above.

If menu appears after removing script, so that script has problem. Or rather you still can not see your menu, you should install profile your phoenix theme in another website folder then check everything step by step.

In case nothing can work, you need to send us your source code and database.

bjf's picture
bjf
Sat, 08/01/2015 - 03:02

Now it's doing it on a fresh install without ever introducing that script. I installed the Phoenix Demo Multi-Page version and was creating some front page elements and the edit menus just went away. I now have these errors too:

• Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in spb_custom_phoenix_section_header_render_content() (line 85 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sites/all/modules/simplr_page_builder/plugins/phoenix/custom_phoenix_section_header/spb_custom_phoenix_section_header.module).

• Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in spb_custom_phoenix_image_render_content() (line 83 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sites/all/modules/simplr_page_builder/plugins/phoenix/custom_phoenix_image/spb_custom_phoenix_image.module).

• Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in spb_custom_phoenix_image_render_content() (line 98 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sites/all/modules/simplr_page_builder/plugins/phoenix/custom_phoenix_image/spb_custom_phoenix_image.module).

• bjf's picture
    bjf
    Sun, 08/02/2015 - 13:43

Also, I'm trying to understand how to back out of changes without having to reinstall the whole system. I get about 5% done, something fails and then I have to reinstall the whole thing all over again, losing everything I've created. Usually, if something fails like this, I can pull the module, edit the database etc. to save the site. With this one, I'm losing everything I've done. This will be more and more of a disaster as the I build the site. Right now I'm only trying to do basic things like add content to the front page and that's still causing it to crash.

phuonght's picture
    phuonght
    Sun, 08/02/2015 - 22:54

Ben,

We still can not understand exactly what error is although you tried to describe so much to us. We think that we need to have a check on your site to find error and fix for you.

Please send us necessary information so we can fix soon.

bjf's picture
    bjf
    Sun, 08/09/2015 - 17:39

Ok, I sent an email with that info. I put the site on a test server and it had the same failure once I added that script although I've lost the edit sidebar after other changes also. Removing the script doesn't bring back the sidebar either. Something changes permanently. Let me know what you figure out. I'm stuck until I get this figured out. Thanks.

phuonght's picture
    phuonght
    Mon, 08/10/2015 - 05:08

Hi Ben,

Received your site information already and checked it. Then we can see as the below image:

Image title

Is that the menu which you mentioned?

bjf's picture
    bjf
    Mon, 08/10/2015 - 11:38

Yes, that's the edit menu that's missing. Check the main page. It's not on that one.

Thanks

phuonght's picture
    phuonght
    Mon, 08/10/2015 - 22:44

We think you need to create a new page.

Your home page has some problems which make that menu can not appear.

bjf's picture
    bjf
    Tue, 08/11/2015 - 01:22

This is the response I've been waiting for? Seriously? Redo the site? So, this theme is going to fail randomly and consistently and every time that happens I have to start over? All of my work gone?!

This is not a good solution. Actually, it's not a solution at all. Unbelievable. The support for this theme is terrible. Compared to other themes I've bought, this is worthless. It has an obvious flaw in the design and your answer is to redo the site. Thanks. I'll get my money back from Themeforest.

phuonght's picture
    phuonght
    Tue, 08/11/2015 - 03:37

We are very sorry.

Maybe when you were working on your site, there was conflict with js or conflict was saved into database then it led to a result that made your menu disappear. After checking, we realize that it will take so much time to fix error and the best and fastest way is re-creating a new home page.

We also would like to make a recommendation: please remember to backup before doing any customization, it is better when working with your site.

And once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.