Multiuser blog in my drupalcommerce store

boutiquesoncart's picture
boutiquesoncart
Tue, 10/13/2015 - 07:49
Multiuser blog in my drupalcommerce store

I in your demo you have created a 'blog' content type which works as Article in single blog type environment, I am trying to establish mutliuser blog by enabling blog module.

1. I cant not blog entry content type.

2. What should be my strategy so that my blog will look similar to your blog

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 10/14/2015 - 00:08

Hi,

1. "can not blog entry content type" problem: we do not understand clearly, could you explain more? 

2. "What should be my strategy so that my blog will look similar to your blog": In our demo, blog is created from views, then override template for views. You could take a look at: 

+ Views: {your-domain}/admin/structure/views/view/blog/edit

+ Template Files: sites/all/themes/md_orenmode/template/views/blogs

boutiquesoncart
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 03:21

when the blg module is enable , a new content type 'blog entry' get created.

I enabled the same but cant get this content type. 

there is already a content type 'blog' present with installation , so my question is , does this blog is a multiuser blog or asingle user blog

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 04:54

If you have content type "Blog Entry"already so please create views for that content type. then, override template views. You could take a look at template files we recommended above to see how it works.

Blog in our theme is a content type showing normal articles/news. You could customize for more purposes and we do not understand clearly purpose of "multi-user blog".

boutiquesoncart
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 04:11

Actually , 'blog' machine name is already user by the 'blog' content type which is created by your theme. So when i enable core blog module in my site , it could nt create 'blog entry' content which also has same machine name 'blog'.

I am trying to use this core blog module as I want to use multiuser blog (I want my each user to be eligible to create his own blog).

Please let me know if it possible the blog content type created by your theme, as it is conflicting with the core

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 04:47

So please change / edit machine name of Blog content type created in theme. Then rename all views created from Blog content type.

Or if you use core Blog of Drupal already, no need to care about Blog content. You could delete it in case conflict with core Blog.

boutiquesoncart
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 05:26

I have absolutly no idea how did that 'blog' content type came in theme, i couldnt find the declaration of this content type in files, and i am not able to edit the machine name of the content type 'blog' provided in theme.  as there is no option for that.

Please advise. My server and admin details are already shared

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/22/2015 - 06:17

There is instruction. We hope this help:

1. Go to Structure -> Content Types -> click on Edit of Blog Content type -> See the picture to change machine name.

2. After changing machine name of Blog, you have to change name of all Blog Views corresponding with the new machine name that you change.

3. Remember to backup database and source code before you change the machine name of Blog.

Image title

boutiquesoncart
Fri, 10/23/2015 - 08:11

edit link for machine name is not there in my site

khoa's picture
khoa
Sat, 10/24/2015 - 04:36

Hello,

The "Edit machine name" button is one of Drupal core feature but not belongs to our theme. If you could not see it in your site, please check if there is any disabled module. Or you could install profile orenmode theme on another host for testing.

Another way, you can delete our BLOG content type to avoid confliting with your BLOG MULTIUSER.

Thank you!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.