New content type (like BLOG)

gapi78's picture
gapi78
Wed, 03/02/2016 - 17:33
New content type (like BLOG)

Helo i would like to create a new content type which must have the same layout and functions as blog content type in the default install

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 03/03/2016 - 23:32

Hi,

There is instruction but we would like to note that works must be done carefully and by a developer that has good knowlegde of Drupal:

1. create new content type

2. create new fields similar to admin/structure/types/manage/blog/fields

3. go to sites/all/themes/md_mdst/template, create template file similar to node--blog.tpl.php and template files similar to sites/all/themes/md_mdst/template/views/blog with fields associated with the content type in step 1 

4. go to admin/structure/views, create views similar to views of blog with fields associated with The Content Type In Step 1

Please be careful with class, it can broke site display if we do something wrong. 

gapi78's picture
gapi78
Sat, 03/12/2016 - 20:18

are there any other things that need to bo set up, because i followed your instructions and basicly copied the blog content type (i used different names for the same fields so i can differ them) copied and changed node--blog, and the whole blog folder in views, i created a taxonomy category and added a term, created a node input for that content type but when i visit ?p=think i get blank page but when i change to blog the content is visible for blog content type.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 03/16/2016 - 05:21

Could you check again? We think there is nothing that created link ?p=think as you mentioned. 

If a page is blank page, it means that there is no page has link ?p=think in your site, similar to page 404 not found. 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.