Front page selection

mattie's picture
mattie
Thu, 06/26/2014 - 11:03
Front page selection

I'm spinning off subdomain basics.moneytools.org from the moneytools.org domain, and the new subdomain will have the same theme with a different color scheme. The content in the subdomain will be very much book-like content, and I'd like the front page to be a plain old boring basic page that I'll program. The problem is that when I specify the home page node from Configuration > Site information, it doesn't work. How specifically do I set the home page to a basic Drupal page?

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 06/26/2014 - 23:38

Hi,
You can go to md-thenews/templates and search the file page--front.tpl.php. Here you can configure the home page as you want

Cindy,

mattie's picture
mattie
Fri, 06/27/2014 - 13:11

I don't want to use that code AT ALL. I want to point the front page at a basic Drupal page I've already created, and I should be able to do that by specifying the node via Admin > Configuration > Site information. Why doesn't that work? How do I make it work?

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 06/27/2014 - 23:19

Hi,
Obviously, just go to md-thenews/templates and delete the file page--front.tpl.php first and then you can set the front page via Admin > Configuration > Site Information

Cindy,

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.