MAIN MENU ITEMS & BREADCRUMBS SNAFU

mattie's picture
mattie
Wed, 06/19/2013 - 10:12
MAIN MENU ITEMS & BREADCRUMBS SNAFU

I've created taxonomy 'News Item' and have added these taxonomy items to the Main Menu with 'Home' as their parent. However, these items do not display on the home page without mouseover the 'Home' link. Furthermore, when one of the 'News Item' taxonomy item links is selected, the page displays with two occurrences of the 'Home' link.

How specifically do I:

1) ensure the 'News Item' taxonomy children display on the home page without mouseover, and

2) remove the second occurrence of the 'Home' link on taxonomy children pages?

Thanks,
Mattie

Neo's picture
Neo
Thu, 07/04/2013 - 22:53

Hi Mattie,
About mouseover problem, I'm not sure why there's no "active-trail" class on homepage link. I tested on my site, it works fine. This can be fixed with a little trick:

Open md_thenews/templates/page--front.tpl.php and add this code before <?php include 'page.footer.inc'; ?>

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--//--><![CDATA[//><!--
(function ($) {
$(function(){
$("#menu-1353-1").addClass("sf-breadcrumb sfHover")
$("#menu-1353-1").find(">ul").css({"display": "block","visibility": "visible"})
});
})(jQuery);
//--><!]]>
</script>

$("#menu-1353-1") is your homepage menu id

About breadcrumb error, I think this because of Drupal breadcrumb, it depends on main menu. Do you use any other breadcrumb modules?

mattie's picture
mattie
Wed, 07/10/2013 - 12:52

Hi, Neo:

No, I'm not using any other breadcrumb module(s). However, I think I've found a clue that might help debug. In the theme breadcrumb settings, I have " Show home page link in breadcrumb " and " Append the content title to the end of the breadcrumb " enabled. To test this, I disabled the " Show home page link in breadcrumb " option, and it corrected the problem with two occurrences of the Home link being displayed -- only one is (presumably the main menu link). However, as you might expect, it isn't being displayed at all throughout the rest of the site. How specifically do we correct the two occurrences of the Home page link in the breadcrumbs with the " Show home page link in breadcrumb " is enabled?

Thanks,
Mattie

mattie's picture
mattie
Fri, 07/12/2013 - 18:26

ANY UPDATES ON THIS PROBLEM?!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.