How to add different Social Icons

roman282's picture
roman282
Thu, 10/01/2015 - 12:15
How to add different Social Icons

Hi,

Its possible to add more and different social icons to the bottom of the page. I would like to hawe pinterest for now. Its is possible ??

Thanks

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/01/2015 - 22:49

Hi,

Please go to admin/appearance/settings/md_max, Social Media, just need to add link for Pinterest then icon will appear in the footer of site.

roman282's picture
roman282
Sun, 10/04/2015 - 13:49

Sorry i wanted Instagram, its possible to add it there some how??

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 10/04/2015 - 22:59

Hi,

Could you send us your site url, admin account and FTP account? We would like to add it for you.

Please remember to send by comment form and check "Private message" for security reason.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 00:32

We can not access by the FTP account you gave. Would you like to check it again?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 05:48

It is done. Please check :)

roman282's picture
roman282
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 16:03

thanks, its there.

Roman

daxter's picture
daxter
Tue, 11/15/2016 - 14:04

Hello! I'd like to add flickr, instagram, and snapchat. I've seen the settings encoded in page.preprocess.inc .... But I can't figure out where to go from there. Thanks as always for the support!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 11/15/2016 - 21:51

Hi,

Please go to file page.preprocess.inc, find code:

$vars['footer_social'] = theme('item_list', array('items' => $socials, 'attributes' => array('class' => 'social-icons social-icons-white')));

- add code following example to add icon:

$socials[] = l('', 'url-you-you', array('attributes' => array('class' => 'fa class-social-you-want')));

note: remember to change url and class social for each social icon.

daxter's picture
daxter
Fri, 01/20/2017 - 21:52

To any who may be following this, that code snippet should be enclosed in curly brackets above the line of code she wanted you to find.  For Example for Flickr:

{
$socials[] = l('', 'https://www.flickr.com/photos/furfest', array('attributes' => array('class' => 'fa fa-flickr')));
}
$vars['footer_social'] = theme('item_list', array('items' => $socials, 'attributes' => array('class' => 'social-icons social-icons-white')));

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.