Change default portfolio picture filter

bavaricus's picture
bavaricus
Tue, 06/30/2015 - 08:59
Change default portfolio picture filter

I've been trying unsuccessfully to change the default portfolio filter to something other than "all" (or <any>?). 

The portfolio is being used to display pictures, with a certain number in each topic. But the way it is now, all pictures no matter what the topic they are under are displayed in a giant block when the page is loaded. Only once  you click on one of the topic filters does it go back to something reasonable. 

Limiting the number of items displayed doesn't help, since this just removes a certain number of them, which don't come back even when the filter is changed. 

Can you help?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/30/2015 - 22:57

Hi,

Could you explain more? We do not understand problem clearly. Some screenshots are good too.

bavaricus's picture
bavaricus
Wed, 07/01/2015 - 21:29

Here's a code snippet from the source of the rendered site that may help to explain:

<div class="portfolio-loader"></div>
<ul class="portfolio-filter clearfix " data-option-key="filter">
  <!--<li class="active"><a href="#" class="all" data-filter="*" >All</a></li></li>-->

<li class="">  
          <a href="void(0)" data-filter=".topic-24">Love</a>  </li>
      <li class="">  
          <a href="void(0)" data-filter=".topic-22">Happy</a>  </li>
      <li class="">  
          <a href="void(0)" data-filter=".topic-25">Fun</a>  </li>
  </li>
</ul>

The default data-filter seems to be <any>, which in the portfolio tab is called "All". I want to remove "All" as an option, which I did. However, the default filter is still <any>. So this means that if I have 2 pictures in each of the three topics, six images are loaded. I only want to see two at a time. 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 07/02/2015 - 00:28

So,

You want to turn "all" into an categories like others: BRANDING, ILLUSTRATION, IOS APP, MOTION GRAPHIC, PHOTOGRAPHY

right?

Currently, our theme does not support that function.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.