Multiple video backgrounds

ramez's picture
ramez
Sun, 02/01/2015 - 21:37
Multiple video backgrounds

Currently in MD Max, we need to specify a Vimeo video number in the block "MD Max: Intro video" (which by the way is not documented in the docs). We can only therefore have a single video background as I can't see a way to duplicate this block (likely defined in the features module). How can I have many videos?

ramez's picture
ramez
Sun, 02/01/2015 - 21:55

Found the answer if anyone is interested, you have to edit the module mdm_site/mdm_site.block.inc to duplicate mdm_intro_video (in my case I simply add _2, _3 etc.) and duplicate case 'mdm_intro_video' to include the new ones. Of course, it would have been better if there was a way in the interface to do that, but that is likely due to the simplistic approach in development (which is welcome so we don't have to waste time debugging and understanding tons of code). If you can't edit basic modules, you would have a hard time using Drupal to its fullest anyway.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 02/02/2015 - 02:31

Thank you for your feedback

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.