Custom page template creation

appetals's picture
appetals
Mon, 02/01/2016 - 07:13
Custom page template creation

Hi ,

I need to create custome page for node for which i have added below code inside my subtheme template.php

function md_make_subtheme_preprocess_page(&$variables) {
if (isset($variables['node']->type)) {
    echo 'page__' . $variables['node']->type;
    // If the content type's machine name is "my_machine_name" the file
    // name will be "page--my-machine-name.tpl.php".
    $variables['md_make_subtheme_hook_suggestions'][] = 'page__' . $variables['node']->type;
  }
}

and inside my subtheme/templet/node new file created as  page--bride_testimonial.tpl.php        

But the new template file is not getting called. Am i missing any code lines.    

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 02/01/2016 - 21:55

Hi,

Please edit file name from page--bride_testimonial.tpl.php to page--bride-testimonial.tpl.php.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 02/02/2016 - 02:22

Placing file in subtheme/templet/node is ok. Please note that subtheme must be actived. 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 02/02/2016 - 23:00

We checked and could see your structure of suggestion was wrong. Also, our Md Make theme has function Hook suggestion in theme for page content type already. You could take a look at file page.preprocess.inc (sites\all\themes\md_make\theme_setting\front ), line 23:

//Hook suggestion
if (isset($vars['node'])) {
$vars['theme_hook_suggestions'][] = 'page__node__type__' . $vars['node']->type;
}

=> in subtheme, if you would like to create template for page of content type so please folloư file page--node--type--bride-testimonial.tpl.php that our developer created in folder sites/all/themes/md_make_subtheme/templates/page

Demo : /node/175

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.