simplenews subscribe form

appetals's picture
appetals
Thu, 01/07/2016 - 05:26
simplenews subscribe form

how to add placeholder to 'edit-mail' input id ? i have configure 'Newsletter: MD Make newsletter' for the same

Image title

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 01/08/2016 - 02:57

Hi,

Please open file function.theme.inc (\sites\all\themes\md_make\theme_setting\function.theme.inc)

Search line 477 - block code function md_make_preprocess_simplenews_block_form(&$vars)

$form['submit']['#attributes']['class'][] = 'btn btn-default';

And add the following code after it:

$form['mail']['#attributes']['placeholder'] = t("Subcribe via email");

The result will be like this:  (you can change Subcribe via email)

Image title

appetals's picture
appetals
Mon, 01/11/2016 - 00:34

Hi,

After submitting the email from subscribe 

1. page is getting reload and  message shows at the header side that "you will receive confirmation email shortly.." : what if i need the message in footer without reloading the page i.e via ajax call

2. emails will not  appear in "Newslette ssubscriptions" list. inside  admin/people/simplenews

kindly help in this

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 01/11/2016 - 05:48

1. Not reloading page: we do not support this function but you could take a look at https://gist.github.com/pascalduez/1517513

2. Email not appear: please make sure that your site send confirmation email to subscriber and subscriber finish the authentication, email will appear in admin/people/simplenews

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.