MD Product Dependencies

TynanFox's picture
TynanFox
Sun, 01/31/2016 - 18:38
MD Product Dependencies

Hello,

I'm currently programming the back end of this theme for a relaunch of our website. So far it's going smoothly but I have a question about the "MD Product" module. 

-What exactly does this module do?
-Why is the module dependent on Commerce AutoSKU, Commerce Bank Transfer, and PayPal?
-Can the dependencies on these three modules be safely removed without breaking the theme?

I'm asking because I would like the ability to assign/change the SKU myself. Also, my company does not accept Bank Transfers or PayPal at all - we have our own payment processor through our credit card company and I will need to install/use the module for that as well (we have previously used the payment module on our other site and it works well).

Thank you!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 01/31/2016 - 23:35

Hi,

1. module MD Product creates all products in site.

2. If you would like to disable autoSKU so you could go to admin/commerce/products/types/product. Also, you could disable payment at admin/commerce/products/types/product.

3. If you disable 3 modules, theme will not be broken. However you need to customize code of module "md product" in order to make sure that md product work. 
Before you disable those 3 modules, please go to sites\all\modules\features\md_product, open file md_product.info, delete all dependencies that you would like to disable.

TynanFox's picture
TynanFox
Mon, 02/01/2016 - 19:31

Thank you!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.