Best practice for subtheming this theme ?

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Wed, 10/19/2016 - 03:02
Best practice for subtheming this theme ?

Hi,

We are trying to subtheme this HERO theme, but are bumping into some issues, for example :

- overriding page.tpl.php inside sites/all/themes/subtheme/template/.. to remove social icons

but the changes are not taking any effect (after drush cc all)

Here's the file structure of our created subtheme :

Image title

Are we missing something to make overrides of existing theme files possible ?

Thanks upfront for your reply.

khoa's picture
khoa
Wed, 10/19/2016 - 23:00

Hello,

Can you please upload set up a website on your test server with main theme & subtheme? I need to check your code.

Thank you!

khoa's picture
khoa
Thu, 10/20/2016 - 23:33

Hello,

I cannot login into your website using admin/megadrupal+.

Can you please check it again?

Thanks!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/21/2016 - 04:48

Hi,

Can you please tell us where social icons are? We only see a homepage and it has no menu.

Please send us link url and screenshots too.

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Tue, 10/25/2016 - 10:40

Hi,

We'll prepare this on Friday when our projectteam has rejoined conference.

Thanks!

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Fri, 10/28/2016 - 08:36

Hi,

We have checked the social icon settings on a clean profile install in admin/appearance/settings/md_hero -> design -> social icons -> icon picker dialog 

Image title

But there are no icons selectable.

This was also the problem we were facing on your CG distributed manual theme install, and therefore decided the subtheme page.tpl.php to remove the icon section. But this resulted in :

Image title

So summarized, if you could solve the issue with the unselectable icon picker, we could reuse theme settings instead of overriding in subtheme

hero.rawdesk.be
user : megadrupal
pwd: megadrupal+

ftp : see earlier private communication.

khoa's picture
khoa
Sun, 10/30/2016 - 10:32

Hi,

I fixed your problem. Please check it again.

Thanks!

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Mon, 10/31/2016 - 05:40

Hi Khoa,

Thanks for solving this issue.

Can you provide me the source code of this fix, so we can merge it also to our CG git repository ?

regards,

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 10/31/2016 - 09:58

Hi,

I cannot send the font package to your email. It seems that your mail server is having problem. Please fix it or give me another working email.

Thanks!

BPSColruyt's picture
BPSColruyt
Wed, 11/02/2016 - 03:09

Hi Khoa,

I am receiving your forum comment notifications, so the email address is working.

We cannot receive attachment with executables or other feasible harmful content. Company policy.

Is it possible to put it in this forum, on a dropbox or mail it via wetransfer.com to the same email address as in my account ?

Thanks,

Bart

khoa's picture
khoa
Wed, 11/02/2016 - 03:28

Hi,

Please download the font package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmg09n6puveqk8b/fontello-56d2a6b7.zip?dl=0

Then go to admin/config/media/icon to import that font.

Thank you!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.