How to Create Portfolio View

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Mon, 06/13/2016 - 22:16
How to Create Portfolio View

I restarted and installed using the manual method.  However, I feel so stupid!  How do I get the Portfolio view so all portfolio content types list with their thumbnails and can be organized by category filters?

Thank you as always!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/14/2016 - 01:11

Hi,

Please

- download module : https://www.drupal.org/project/features then install it in your site,

- install module hero.features.zip enclosed to downloaded package from Themeforest

then it will work.

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Tue, 06/14/2016 - 01:53

Thank you!  That helped make the homepage template work so that the portfolio part does show it well.  Is there a way to create a portfolio page without having to use the homepage template and deleting all the other sections I don't want for the portfolio page?  

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/14/2016 - 04:49

You can create a new blank page with awecontent then drag drop you own block portfolio. 

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Tue, 06/14/2016 - 08:34

That's why I'm confused.  The awecontent panel has either the Drupal items or Objects.  In Drupal, none indicate portfolio or gallery.  In Objects, there is Gallery and ones like Service, BlockQuotes, but no portfolio.  The Gallery object doesn't work as the portfolio one should.  When I edit a page that was made using the Homepage awecontent template and edit the section that has the working portfolio area, it shows the following as the name of that item.

Image title

Is the portfolio block one I need to create?  If so, how?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/14/2016 - 22:40

Portfolio Block is created by Views then it is placed in Menu Drupal Block in Awecontent but not menu Objects. Menu Objects contains shortcodes that come theme (not Drupal Blocks). If your own Portfolio Block does not exit in menu Drupal Block so we think you did some wrong steps while creating. 

brianbwords's picture
brianbwords
Sun, 06/19/2016 - 23:54

I reinstalled yet again, this time using the drupal profile.  Things are in better working order, now.  I do have yet another issue but will post separately.  Thank you again!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.