Social Icons Link in New Tab

kaheng's picture
kaheng
Wed, 12/23/2015 - 05:51
Social Icons Link in New Tab

I'm trying to configure Social Icons's link in Appearance's Setting under Design tab. How can I make the link to appear in new tab rather redirect within the same page. 

Looking forward on your reply.

khoa's picture
khoa
Wed, 12/23/2015 - 06:39

Hello,

We still do not understand what you mean? Can you please give us your website account and describe more about your problem. It's better if you attach a screenshot in your message. Remember to set your message as private if it contains accessing info.

Thanks!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 12/23/2015 - 21:59

Hi Kaheng,

Please follow instruction:

+ Open file page.tpl.php(sites/all/themes/md_hero/template/pages)

+ Find code:

<div class="socialIcon">
<a href="<?php print $arr_parent_link; ?>"><i class="fa <?php print $arr_parent_icon['icon']; ?>"></i></a>
</div>

+ insert target="_blank" to <a> tag

kaheng's picture
kaheng
Sun, 01/03/2016 - 06:16

Hi Phuonght,

I've tried as per you suggestion, but I still can't make the link "open in a new browser tab". I had even tried to clear cache and different computer. 

<div class="socialIcon">

<a href="<?php print $arr_parent_link; ?>" target="_blank"><i class="fa <?php print $arr_parent_icon['icon']; ?>"></i></a>
</div>

Do I miss out some other thing? 

This is my current working URL

Thanks.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 01/03/2016 - 22:26

Could your send us your admin account and FTP account by private comment?  We would like to have a check in your site.

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 01/04/2016 - 20:18

Hello,

We have fixed your issue. Please check it again!

Thank you!

kaheng's picture
kaheng
Tue, 01/05/2016 - 02:38

It's work. Thank you so much :)

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.