Seemingly random properties not displaying/saving

third.person.limited's picture
third.person.limited
Sat, 10/17/2015 - 03:03
Seemingly random properties not displaying/saving

This issue is the with the theme Hero, which is not listed.

Success properties:

If I go to appearance => settings => MD Hero Theme => Design => Header, and I change the header description, or change the header content image, they display on the homepage. 

If I edit the homepage using the AWE Content editor, I can change the background image of a section (ex. a right aligned image on top of a background color), the image will show after save.

Failure properties:

however, If i go to appearance => settings => MD Hero Theme => Design => Header, and customize a different theme setting, ex. (header background type => [upload header image] [set as static image]), The file will upload, the settings will save, but the image will not display on the homepage. even after manually emptying caches from the DB. The property is saved, it shows in the theme editor area, but does not display. What does display is a default grey backgground-color and, in transparent areas, I still see the default theme background image showing through. This happens for other properties, ex. favicon, etc.

If I edit the homeoage using AWE Content editor, and I change the background color of a section (the same section listed above where the image property was successful), after saving, no color displays. In fact, what does display is the default background image that I tried to change in theme settings above but that did not display. If I go back into the editor and look at the property, the color I chose is still selected, and it now shows on the page to the right, but once I save, it's gone again. (This only happens on some sections. On the primary homepage section, for example, I can change the background color and it changes correctly.)

On page load there are no resources getting a 404, and there are no serious JS errors. For the homepage image, the $.backstretch declaration is pointing at the correct file.
I can clear caches, I can run cron, I can manually truncate the cache tables, no success.

The properties show as being saved, but they will not display.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 10/17/2015 - 04:09

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback

Please check your email. To solve the Header Static image, please download the attached files and update in sites/all/themes/md_hero/template
About the Favicon, you have to check Shortcut Icon (Theme-settings -> General -> Site Settings) then upload the favicon

About the background color error, please point out which section did you talk about?

Also, please give us your site url, admin account, we will check this issue

(remeber to check "private message")

third.person.limited's picture
third.person.limited
Sat, 10/17/2015 - 04:22

Thank you for your quick response, Cindy.

I replaced the tpl files. Where the default bg image had been showing through transparent areas, now the correct image shows, but it still doesn't show through the header section. There seems to be a grey overlay blocking it from display

The area that isn't saving the background color is the "services" section.

I had uploaded the favicon in the theme settings section. it saved but doesn't display, maybe that will take a while to happen through the browser. I'll give it time.

I'm currently working locally on the site. Tomorrow I'll upload it and send you the login info.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 10/18/2015 - 22:51

Hi,

We can not access your site. Would you like to check again?

Image title

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 10/19/2015 - 00:27

Hi,

Please check your email

Download the attached module and update in sites\all\modules\custom\shortcodes

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.