Anonymous users cannot view basic page

cmonkedo's picture
cmonkedo
Sun, 11/08/2015 - 20:54
Anonymous users cannot view basic page

Not sure if this is a theme issue, function by design, or an issue elsewhere but I have created a basic page and entered content which can then be viewed by administrators but cannot be viewed by authenticated or anonymous users. I do not receive an access denied just a page with no content, I have checked permissions and anonymous users have view published content selected. example: www.brightsmilesmi.com/content/deleteme. Any help is very much appreciated.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 11/08/2015 - 21:59

Hi,

Please check page that you created if it enable "Publish content" or not. We just tried to create a basic page on our site and it seemed to work normally. 

In case "Publish content" is checked but page is still not viewed, please go to  Permission(admin/people/permissions) to check permission of authenticated user and anonymous.

cmonkedo's picture
cmonkedo
Mon, 11/09/2015 - 12:31

Thank you, I just checked that the content is set to published but still is not working. Also checked permissions for authenticated and anonymous users to view published content and it is checked (enabled). I understand that it is working on your site so not a "theme" issue but any help would be appreciated. I have rebuilt permissions. From my understanding I dont believe that any views permissions would affect the basic page content, but I have looked through my views permissions and all seems ok.

Thanks

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 11/09/2015 - 21:22

so could you send us your site url, admin account and FTP account? We would like to have a check.

Please tell us which page has problem and remember to check "Private message" for security reason.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 11/10/2015 - 22:37

We can not access your SFTP because there is no Hostname.

We checked config and permissions, they are ok. However, we still do not know why anonymous user can not see basic page.

Please to try install profile another Ethereal (do not delete current website) to check there is problem with new installation. If it works well, please check other modules. Maybe they cause error. 

cmonkedo's picture
cmonkedo
Wed, 11/11/2015 - 14:33

I have figured out the issue with your advice above to start diging into the modules again. The issue is that I had inadvertantly set field permissions for basic page body content to be only visible to administrators or the creator of the content using the field permissions module. Strange that these permissions are not visible on the drupal core permissons page but are only visible by clikcking permissions for the module from the module page. Thank you for all of your help and effort. You and your team are the best!

tannis00's picture
tannis00
Fri, 06/16/2017 - 13:19

I'm having the same problem, but with the shop pages (with the categories on the left). What module would control this? I thought views were a core feature.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 06/17/2017 - 04:46

Hi,

Please describe more and send us link of page having problem.

Thank you.

tannis00's picture
tannis00
Mon, 06/19/2017 - 18:52

dev.lmoor.com/shop

Only users with admin rights see the products.

Admin user view

The problem only shows up in the main shop page (shop_product view). If I click on a category (taxonomy_term view), then it shows up fine. Both views seem to use node--shop-product.tpl.php (which I modified) to display the results. Is there a piece of code someplace that overrides only on the shop_product view? Perhaps the same piece of code that causes the Categories sidbar block to appear? Or could this have something to do with upgrading to Drupal 7.54? I know there are some new permissions that showed up with Drupal 7.5

tannis00's picture
tannis00
Mon, 06/19/2017 - 20:31

Found it! I had turned off a permission for anonymous users because it was flagged as a security risk. It was lit in the install profile though, so I gave it a try, and bingo! Of course, I am concerned about the security risk. Any feedback?

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/20/2017 - 22:30

Sorry,

What is the security risk that you mentioned?

tannis00's picture
tannis00
Wed, 06/21/2017 - 12:02

It was in the attached image. "Warning: Give to trusted roles only; this permission has security implications." That makes me a bit nervous about granting it to anonymous users.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.