Top menu items behaviour

palo's picture
palo
Wed, 09/02/2015 - 09:00
Top menu items behaviour

Hi there,

I came to a weird behaviour of the top menu of the Ethereal template. 

I've create my own page and set it as the default home page. When page shows on the screen, it produces the result on picture below:

Image title

As you can see:

• the menu items is not centered vertically and it's more close to the bottom border of the menu section (maybe feature, maybe bug :) 

• it loads the bg_header.jpg, that should be loaded later whne you scroll page down a bit

But when you scroll down a bit (sticky menu is turned on) you can see that the menu items is perfectly vertically centered. Could you please provide a fix for that? This behaviour is occuring only in case that page is set as the default home page of the site. 

And if you open the preview of the Etheral template http://demo.megadrupal.com/?theme=ethereal you can see the same behaviour I mentioned above (in your case the bg_header.jpg is not loaded). 

I would appreciate any kind of step-by-step guide on how to fix the issue.  Thanks.

Image title

Best,

Pavol

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/03/2015 - 01:08

Hi,

Please send us your site url, admin account and FTP account so that we can have a check on your issue

(remember to check "private message" for security reason)

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 09/04/2015 - 03:14

Hi,

We just fixed it for you. Now, your menu at home page is same as the one in our demo.

Here is solution that we did:

Open file custom.js (/sites/all/themes/md_ethereal/js/front/vendor), line 22:

replace

if($('body').find('#mainslider').length == 0) {

by

if($('body').find('#mainslider').length == 0 && !$('body').hasClass('front')) {

then it done. Please check your site and see if it works.

palo's picture
palo
Fri, 09/04/2015 - 04:41

Thanks, it seems that it works well!

Best,

Pavol

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.