Several issues

crau999's picture
crau999
Mon, 11/03/2014 - 07:57
Several issues

Hi Candy,

I am trying to personalize my site have encountered several issues:

1. I can't use the entities titles that came with the theme. For example: Portfolio. I changed the Content Type Name from Portfolio to Project. I updated he Menus and Views to reflect that but the navigation uses an internal link to the page and I can't find where it's supposed to be.
Blog became News (& Events)
About became Bio
Resume became C.V.
Portfolio became Projects
Service became Research

2. In the process of trying to get the menu pointing to the correct "page" I realized I needed to ensure that the Blocks were correctly associated with the respective content. The only issue is Blog (News). There is no location to add the Blog and when I placed it in a region (I wanted it above About/Bio) so I placed in the About Region all the content of the side bars disappeared.
Also, every time I select Blog/News the Header loads with it. That is a nuisance as one have to wait for the page to load and figure out that the page needs to be scrolled down for the content for the Blog/News to appear.

3. The theme has a lovely description entry area for each portfolio/project page but when in the Portfolio there is option to see the the description. I tried views but I ended up messing up the site. How can I add a link in the image to see the description as well?

I love the design but the fact that most of the Drupal entity behaviors are overwritten by js has made it very hard to personalize the theme. I wished the documentation was better written as even the basic stuff like creating a new block area does not even match the Chulan theme.

Cheers and thanks,
Claudia

crau999's picture
crau999
Mon, 11/03/2014 - 11:50

Candy,
I also can't change the text format through Drupal. It seems that there is a script somewhere that is forcing the text to be filtered.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.