Tips for best wysiwyg editor for the blog section

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 03:43
Tips for best wysiwyg editor for the blog section

Hi,

Don't know if this is the best place to ask; but i'm looking for a WYSIWYG editor for the blog section so that i can easily can place pictures in the blog or make blockquote's for powershell command's etc so that they are good visible. it's just to make the use of the Body more usefull. 

Can i uese the CKeditor safely wihout destroying everythig? Are there specials i must remember when i install a CKedtior or something?

regards and thanks in advance for you reply,

david

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 06:29

David,

We think CKeditor is safe and it will not destroy anything on your site if you follow exactly instruction enclosed to that module. Please try to use it if you would like.

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 14:05

HI,

I succesfully installed CKeditor properly and it works when i'm in Edit mode, it shows everyting correclty in Edit mode, also when i switch to Source code; i see the html tags. But when i save it and go to View; the I Don't See What I Should Get; in short IDSWISG ;)

I already switched to full HTML or Filtered HTML; but still no result.

I quickly googled on this topic and somebody mentioned that maybe the CSS sheet interfers. Is this the case with my theme? or is het something else.

Thanks for reply again :)

regards,

David

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 09:32

Oh sorry; nevermind; i figured it out :)

it was due to the content type for Blog was set to Plain text :) changed it and it works better now

Only thing is that i made a hyperlink in a sentence, but the hyperlink it now shown not as normal word with blue and underscored, but as a button that is blue; like a tag on the blog section.

How can is restore that the body is using hyperlinks that we are used to have; the blue one with underscore instead of a button?

thanks again!

david

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Wed, 09/30/2015 - 09:53

Also i saw that the bulletform list or numberedlist is not working. The preview looks OK; but when it's published i don't see it anymore; i guess more html markups are ignored when published. 

how can i resolve it ?

thanks again!

david

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 09/30/2015 - 22:56

We will check and reply ASAP :)

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 03:58

Hi Phuonght,

Do you already have a hunch what the problem would be here?

I really want to fill my blog section :)

thanks again for looking

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 04:08

Hi David,

We have a suggestion for you:

In files blue.css, default.css, green.css, organge.css, yellow.css, style.css:

replace all ".post-body a" by ".post-body a.transition"

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 09:48

Hi Phuonght,

I guess that this should be found in row 14 of all files; i see that it is already ".post-body a.transition". So i don't have to change anything.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 22:54

Sorry,

I made a mistake. Our developer fixed it already. Is your site working well now?

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Wed, 10/07/2015 - 02:37

Hi Phuonght,

I noticed something has changed indeed; but not quite like i expected it; i still miss some markups:

The 'announced' like is a little bit 'masked', it doesn't look like a universal hyperlink, it if was blue, it would be great.

• Also no numbered list is shown.

• Bullets are not visible

• Bold markups are not quite clear to see

• Blockquote's are not shown like it should

I noticed earlier, when i preview my post; it is really WYSIWYG.

But when i check it for real on my blog section, it is partially WYSIWYG :) 

For easy comparison and eaze in general; i pasted 2 images with red arrows to show where the differences are.

The 'yellow' one is the preview version and the 'white' one is that one that is placed on the website.

Image title

Image title

Thanks for looking again :)

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Thu, 10/08/2015 - 07:27

Hi Phuonght,

Did you find anything odd ?

thanks!

david

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/08/2015 - 23:30

Hi David,

Just found and did some works. Please check and see if it is ok.

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Sat, 10/10/2015 - 14:50

Fantastic! thanks!

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Thu, 10/15/2015 - 09:56

Oh by the way; if you want to have a guide to make ckeditor, wysiwyg and google prettify to work; please check my blog post

Also I noticed that Italic is not shown when i post it ? How can i check it and resolve where possible?

if you want to log in; that is also possible.

regards

david

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 03:53

Please check if it works well now.

David Franken's picture
David Franken
Wed, 10/21/2015 - 16:37

great thanks!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.