Additional help needed

twoflower29's picture
twoflower29
Sat, 02/21/2015 - 10:33
Additional help needed

Hi there,

I have some problems with the theme and need some more help than provided in the documentation.

1) On my homepage I can just the block "about" and all views in this block. How can I manage to see the other blocks like parallax, resume and so on?
2) Menu: How can I link from the menu to the views (maybe, this is an absolutely beginners-question, but I can't find any way)?
3) How can I use the parallax effect? How can I see this resp. where?
4) I disabled the logo but I can still see the chulan-logo. After that I changed the logo, enabled it again - but I still see the chulan-logo. How can I change it?
5) I deleted the image in the view "testimonial" but in the view I can still see the place holder for the image. How can I delete this? And where can I change the text colour of a view? Is it needed to change this in the css-stylefile?

As you can guess I am not a drupal expert and therefore I need a little bit more help than others. But I really like the theme and it would so great if I could use it for my new website.

So many thanks in advance for help.

Kind regards, Nicole

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 02/23/2015 - 23:36

Hi,

1) you shoud devide and assign into different regions 
2) You can go to Struture/Menus/Main Menu - List link (admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu) click on Edit of each menu item and change in "Path" (<front>#ID) change the ID
3) parallax effect: you go to "admin/appearance/settings/md_chulan" theme-settings -> design -> parallax
4) There may be some problems with theme-settings (Are you using the latest version? if not, please download the latest version on Theme Forest and re-install. Remember to run update.php or cron when update modules)
5) testimonial view is created from content type testimonial. Thus, to change the image, you go to admin/content to add or edit

We suggest you to download and use the latest version and install the profile to see the setting and configuration

twoflower29's picture
twoflower29
Wed, 05/13/2015 - 12:58

Sorry, for not answering for so long time. I had a longer break but now I am back and time to update my website. Fortunately I still managed a lot of things - so many thanks for your help.
But there are still some more issues I can't find the right answer for:

1) I like to change the text "work" and "education" in "resume" view but I can't find the place where to change it.

2) Same with the button "get in touch" beneath the "services" view - where can I change the text.

3) I've got some trouble deleting fields in views. When I try this I always got the error message "Oops! I couldnt find that one. Click the button below to go back home." What's wrong?

4) Some of these fields are the price-fields in the "services" view. Deleting would be one way for me. My most prefered way would be to change the fiels into one text field. I like to write there something link "quote on application". How can I change the fields resp. add a new text field?

5) I tried to add a slideshow in the header. But I always get problems with my uploaded pictures. They are shown as broken pictures and the slideshow doesn't work. The strange thing is that I uploaded the same pictures on other places ("about" and "parallax one") and there you can see them correctly. Have you any idea what's wrong with them.

Last but not least the information for you that I followed your recommandation and downloaded the latest version of the theme.

I am looking forward to your help. Many thanks in advance!

Regards - Nicole

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 05/15/2015 - 04:14

Hi,

For your problems:

1, Actually, you can edit all that you want in content type resume and content type service. Please go to admin/content, find these contents then edit. 

2, About uploading image for slideshow in header: do you try to upload another image? or you can change the name of image then upload again.

If it is still unable, you can try this way: go to admin/config/media/file-system, change Temporary directory into tmp.

We recommend that if first way works, please do not change Temporary directory.

3, Deleting fields in views: we check and it still works normally. Could you send us some screenshots when you delete fields and error notification?

twoflower29's picture
twoflower29
Sat, 05/16/2015 - 11:12

Hi,

thanks for your help.

I still managed 1) and 2) :-)

3) You'll find a screenshot attached. I am wondering because the screen changed a little bit - now there is online the text "Back to home" written and the tab says "site couldn't found". But at least it doesn't change the problem - in my installation I can't delete fields :-(

Image title

5) Yes, I already tried to upload more new images. I can use them on other places (like the about-image or at parallax one) but the didn't work in the header slideshow. So I had a look into the configuration as you recommended. But in my view I still have the setting you suggested (please see at the second screenshot). What should I do? 

Image title

Regards - :-) Nicole

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 05/18/2015 - 03:53

Could you send us site url, admin and FTP accounts (forum link as well) via email: [email protected]? So we can check problems for you.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.