Alt text do not showing up in Portofolio thumbnails

shaheen's picture
shaheen
Sun, 06/19/2016 - 10:16
Alt text do not showing up in Portofolio thumbnails

Hi

After some time running my web site I realized that the alt text in the thumbnails in the portfolio don't show up at the front page. I tested in the original instalation and doesn't work either. I think it's a pity loosing this information. 

I  verified the alt text is ok in the database. I worked around this issue a little but don't know how to fix it.

Thank you very much

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 06/19/2016 - 22:43

Hi,

Could you describe problem in detail? Also, please send us your site url and admin account by private comment, we would like to have a check then fix problem for you. 

shaheen's picture
shaheen
Mon, 06/20/2016 - 10:11

Hi.

Thanks for the fast response.

The problem is that the 'alt' attribute of the portfolio thumbnails doesn't show up in the front page code. It appears blank although the values are ok in the database. 

I send you URL and admin account by private.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 06/22/2016 - 23:57

Please go to file views-view-fields--portfolio--block.tpl.php

line 49, replace

($image_style_url = theme('image_style', array('style_name' => $style_name,'path' => $portfolio_image));)

with

$image_style_url = theme('image_style', array('style_name' => $style_name, 'alt' => $row->node_title, path' => $portfolio_image));
shaheen's picture
shaheen
Fri, 06/24/2016 - 16:19

Hi.

Thanks you very much for your response. 

With the replacement you proposed, what I have is the 'node title' in the 'alt' tag instead of the proper 'alt' values set on the thumbnail.

¿Can you fix it to have the correct values in this field, please?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/28/2016 - 23:14

So please replace line 49 above with 

$image_style_url = theme('image_style', array('style_name' => $style_name, 'alt' => $row->field_field_media_blog[0]['rendered']['file']['#item']['alt'], path' => $portfolio_image));
shaheen's picture
shaheen
Thu, 06/30/2016 - 11:13

Hi

Still doesn't work. For your information, The actual 'alt' values are stored in the column "field_file_image_alt_text_value" of the database table "field_data_field_file_image_alt_text".

¿Can you tell me how to call these values, please?

Thank you very much.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 06/30/2016 - 23:03

Please try to replace line 49 above with  

$image_style_url = theme('image_style', array('style_name' => $style_name, 'alt' => $row->field_field_portfolio_thumbnail[0]['rendered']['file']['#item']['alt'], path' => $portfolio_image));
shaheen's picture
shaheen
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 00:20

Sorry but still doesn't work. I receive this message: 

• Notice: Undefined index: alt in include() (line 49 of C:\xampp\htdocs\Sanblasveleros\sites\all\themes\md_boom\template\views\portfolio\views-view-fields--portfolio--block.tpl.php).

I think solution must be near!

Thank you very much

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 07/02/2016 - 03:18

So please send us your FTP account also, we would like to check code in site. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 07/03/2016 - 22:59

Hi,

We fixed already!

Please check

shaheen's picture
shaheen
Mon, 07/04/2016 - 09:34

Now works fine.

Thank you very much!

wyfruniety's picture
wyfruniety
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 02:14

Hi, Can you send me you file.php ?

wyfruniety's picture
wyfruniety
Tue, 10/11/2016 - 06:43

I have this same issue. Can i please solution for this issue. I have ALT and TITLE checkbox in content types "field_portfolio_thumbnail".

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 10/14/2016 - 03:14

Hi Wyfruniety,

You can please send us your site admin account and FTP account by private comment, we would like to fix problem fot you.

wyfruniety's picture
wyfruniety
Tue, 10/18/2016 - 05:12

Did you get my message with site admin account and FTP account ?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 10/18/2016 - 05:35

Hi,

Sorry for our late. Somehow we missed the message.

We will fix problem and notify you later.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 10/20/2016 - 23:51

Hi,

We fixed problem. Please check your site.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.