Responsive themeing and main menu issues

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Sun, 11/08/2015 - 18:27
Responsive themeing and main menu issues

Hi.  I just installed the profile install fresh with the latest download and it has the same issue where that main menu that appears on a phone device does not actually go to the first menu option.  If you click on the first menu option (such as home, or about us etc..) It doesn't go to the first menu option.  It goes to the other menu options just not the first one.  Do you know how that would be fixed so that if you select the first menu option in the main menu list while using a phone, it would actually got that page?  Can you please advise?

Also is there a way just to cancell the responsive theme with out messing up the whole site.  I want it so that the theme looks the same as if it's on a computer or a tablet or phone etc... I just want it to look like the website/ theme that shows on a computer.  Thank you!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 11/08/2015 - 22:24

Hi,

Could you describe more about problem? Some screenshots are good too. We checked but could not see this problem on our site.

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Mon, 11/09/2015 - 09:18

Image title

When you click the main menu option which is the black bar that says home, a menu uption comes up where you can choose pages from the menu, however if you select the first menu option Home, it doesn't actually go to the home page.  Same goes for if you were to set the first tab as something other than home, like "about us", than the person veiwing the website via the phone wont actually be able to go to "about us" page after trying to click on the about us option

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Mon, 11/09/2015 - 11:59

Also, how do you just get rif of the responsive theme all together??  We need it so the web site looks uniformal accross all browsers and platforms.  On the blog page for the phone its not sized properly either.  There is to much extra white space on the right hand side of the screen.  Also when I add blocks to a panels page the blocks are not sized correctly on mobile platforms.  Do I need to add a special class to them?  I added the wrapper class to them via block class module so they at least look good on the computer, but they don't look proper on the phone.  Please let me know how to just get rif of the responsive theme all together, thanks.

Image title

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Mon, 11/09/2015 - 16:11

how do I remove the responsive theme all together so it looks like a full website on all platforms and browsers?

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 11/10/2015 - 02:37

Hi,

Please check your email for the updated file
This will fix the menu issue
please note that you have to add different links. If link parent is same to link children, only link children is selected. For ex, click on Home > Home 1 will display because Home and Home 1 share the same menu link. If you click on Features, it is still ok, because features has its own menu link, no menu item shares the same link with features

Blog issue: Please add the following code at the bottom of file style.css in theme

@Media Only Screen And (Max-Width: 479px){
.Flx-Entry-Item .Flx-Entry-Thumb .File{
Overflow: Hidden;
}
}

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 11/10/2015 - 03:00

To remove responsiveness

Please open file html.tpl.php in sites\all\themes\md_boom_multi\template
and remove 

<meta name="viewport">

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Thu, 12/10/2015 - 14:02

hi.  So I erased this entire line of code: 

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

is that correct?  It does work better now.  The menue still messes up when you zoom in. 

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Tue, 11/10/2015 - 16:35

thanks!

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Tue, 11/10/2015 - 11:32

Another immediate issue is for some reason the main menu now resizes it's self and will stack on top of it's self for when the page first lands on the site or when you zoom in.  This is only for the phone i noticed because of the dimensions probably.
  Can you please help me fix that so the menu doesn't stack on it's self?  Thank you very much!

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 11/12/2015 - 23:10

So could you send us your site information? We would like to access and have a check on your site. 

Please send site url, admin account and remember to check "Private message" for security reason.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 11/29/2015 - 23:37

Hi,

How about your site url and admin account?

alejandro's picture
alejandro
Tue, 12/01/2015 - 21:09

did you guys access my site? 

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 12/01/2015 - 21:31

We just logged in yesterday to check problem and could see your site has virus

Image title

- Menu on mobile: we checked and it seems to work normally. Would you like to check again?

- About serivce link, it is node link of service in site.  If you would like to link to another page, please add field link for content type serivce, input link for each node and edit template views-view-fields--service.tpl.php in sites\all\themes\md_boom_multi\template\views\services

or you could solve virus problem first then we will help you with service link.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 12/10/2015 - 21:51

You could send information to email [email protected]

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 12/14/2015 - 21:59

Hi,

All the problems are fixed

Please check

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.