Error installing Demo Site

jcrown41's picture
jcrown41
Thu, 03/03/2016 - 18:40
Error installing Demo Site

Hello,

I am trying to install the demo site. I have followed the instructions given in the video. (create a blank database, copy the files to the appropriate location).

However, when I try to access the site to proceed with the installation, my apache server crashes.

I would kindly like to as if you have any idea why this is happening? and any tips on how to fix it?

Regards

Joseph

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 03/03/2016 - 21:50

Hi,

Do you install theme profile or manually?

Please check log of apache then send error to us then we can find problem. Problem can come from your apache configuration (max_execution_time (try 120s) , memory_limit(minimum 128mb)), max_allowed_packet of mysql (3M). If you install directly on live server, you could send us your account information by private comment so we can help you install theme.

jcrown41's picture
jcrown41
Fri, 03/04/2016 - 09:22

Thank you for the speedy response. I was installing it on a localhost using xampp and it did not work. 

However I later attempted to install it using acquia dev desktop and it worked.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.