Am I wrong saving awecontent custom templates?

kikko's picture
kikko
Mon, 11/02/2015 - 12:51
Am I wrong saving awecontent custom templates?

HI,

I'm trrying to modify your nice theme and customize home page ecc in the awecontent manager..

I change the words that I want to change and save the template but nothing happen, the template remain still the same, and I have a new custom template

If I open the brand new saved template there is no words, the sections are ok but no text inside.

Maybe there is a wrong permission in the filesystem and I cound't save the right files? Or I'm doing wrong all the routine?

Thanks

ps: I'm not online, i'm on a local server, you could't reach.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 11/02/2015 - 22:47

Hi,

To modify homepage, you just need to click on Edit (admin mode) on the right side of the screen (as mentioned in the documentation)

Image title

When you create a new template, it will be saved in AWEContent > Template. When you hover over those templates, you will see 2 types of template:

1. Templates come with the theme as default (When hover over them, you will see no option to edit or delete these templates but clone)

2. Your newly created template (When hover over them, you will see options to clone, edit and delete these templates)

Image title

Thus, when you add a new page by going to Add content > Basic page > Build with Awecontent, the popup will appear allowing you to select the template

Image title

After choosing, just go ahead and edit&modify the content

To set that page to be the homepage, you have to go to Configuration > Site Information > change the url in Default front page

Image title

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.