Anchor and logo question

slanore's picture
slanore
Thu, 11/19/2015 - 07:09
Anchor and logo question

Hi,

I am new to drupal so these questions may be trivials but i am trying to understand how the theme md-apage is defining anchors. I understood that some already exist when i install the theme using the demo but i can't find the place to define new ones.

Also i am trying to change the logo with the configuration interface (appearence>settings>logo) but when i select a logo nothing changes. I am probably doing something wrong. I manage to change the logo via uploading a new one via ftp to the location but I am sure there is a better way (which uses resizing for instance)..

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Also when i try to edit or configure the MD Fullscreen Slider i get a fatal error, is there a newer version of the module to fix the problem?

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 11/19/2015 - 22:18

Hi,

1. Anchors

Anchors are located in menu (Structure > Menus > Main Menu - list links) You can click edit of menu item and see the Path

Image title

For ex, Gallery:

Image title

Then please check in Structure > Pages. You can see the path of every page. For ex, homepage - edit. Choose the Content tab on the left, you can see all blocks in homepage, click on the cogwheel icon of each block and choose CSS Properties. For ex, we check View: Apage Portfolio: Master (This is Our Gallery)

Image title

Then you can see CSS ID. This ID must be the same with the path in menu

Image title

2. Logo

We check our demo but see no problem as your reported. Please give us your site url, admin account to log in your site to check this problem (remember to check "private message" below the comment box)

3. Fullscreen

Please check your email, we send you the updated version of MD Fullscreen Slider

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 11/22/2015 - 21:40

Hi Slanore,

Please check your account again

We cannot log in your site with the account provided 

slanore's picture
slanore
Mon, 11/23/2015 - 06:38

Hi again,

I have another question, why some views i add to the home page are wrapped into a section and other into div with panels class?

I am aware that these questions aren't really about the theme but it would be a great help!

Thanks again

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 11/24/2015 - 05:53

Slanore,

We will check and reply soon. Thanks for your patience in advance :)

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 11/25/2015 - 23:05

Hi,

When you add a block/view, it will be wrapped in div panel class as default. When you choose pane style for that block/view, it will be wrapped in that style
For ex, the view wrrapped in section is style Apage views

slanore's picture
slanore
Thu, 11/26/2015 - 12:03

Hi,

Thank you, that's what I was looking for!

Also I have another question concerning the anchors. I manage to create new ones (thanks again!) but they don't behave well.

It looks like they are ignoring the menu.. if you had an idea on why it happens and how to fix it it would be a great help! 

Thanks again for everything

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 11/26/2015 - 21:26

Hi Slanore,

Wpuld you please tell us what did you created so that we can check your issue

slanore's picture
slanore
Fri, 11/27/2015 - 05:07

Hi, I'm not sure what it could be.. If you try you'll notice that when you click on 'Nos ecoles'  with the slider still on the page it goes way to low. And when you try when the menu becomes fixed top it just seems to ignore the menu. At first i thought it may have something to do with the css i added in red.css but i tried to put the initial file in and it doesn't change anything to the anchor.

I changed a lot the content of the front page, I'm using initial md-apage views that i edited. At the moment i have Welcome, Team and contact view. I also changed the home menu.

EDIT : I also have some weird behaviour with the team view when i have more than 3 teams and it needs to go on multiple line, some col-sm-4 blocks goes to the right of the page instead of floating to the left... When i add clear left to the one that behave like this in the browser it goes back to normal.. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 11/29/2015 - 22:42

Hi,

We really do not understand the problem with your menu. We check and see that, when scrolling down and menu becomes fixed top, hover over 'Nos ecoles'  item, submenu displays, and the blue partially overlaps the main menu?

Image title

This is because your menu item name is long (e.g Bachelor nutriton & Sante). This is because of your CSS, you should not set max width for each menu item

About Team, please check view team - SORT CRITERIA
Post date or departement
desc or asc?

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.