bugs with Alpine Drupal 8 Version regarding positioning in AweContent and md-slider

Sakerfalke's picture
Sakerfalke
Fri, 03/15/2019 - 21:21
bugs with Alpine Drupal 8 Version regarding positioning in AweContent and md-slider

Dear drupal team, dear cindy,

first I want to make a short summary of the problems that occured and what I have tried and done so far.

IMPORTANT Note:
I cannot download the three original alpine theme downloads on the following screenshot.

When I bought it I could download them from envato, but not from your site (megadrupal)

Image title

I can only download the files md_fullscreen_slider and awecontent, but not the three red marked ones.

1. I uploaded all the files/content of the zip-file of from the envato-download site "md_alpine_install_profile.zip" from Drupal 8 on my domain http://tc-unterföhring.de
2. I installed everything the usual way like you do it, when you install Drupal 8

3. Then I uploaded your databse files and created the private files folder and so on.
4. I tried to update to the newest drupal 8 security update by installing putty for a console to access my webserver and then installed composer and drush, but updating always failed. I thought, ok, never mind, I don't really need the newest version, so just continue doing what has to be done.

5. I continued by trying to modify the frontpage, I wanted to achieve to look like your demo version (http://demo.megadrupal.com/?theme=alpine)
    But I just cannot do it. I am not only missing the images, but also the functioning md-slider and also the proper animations.

6. On another thread you (Cindy) told me to download and install the newest version of md-slider.
    But the first try to update that, failed with the following error: "Mega Slider is already installed. "

Then I uninstalled it, replaced the files in the directory modules/custom/md-slider with the new ones, and installed it again.

7. Now the md-slider seemed to work as I can edit/modify/upload pictures and so on.

8. Next step was to modify my page so that the upper part where the slider is looks a bit like this:

Image title

I want to move the menu up by going into Awecontent and changing the style/position of the menu to absolute so that it sits infront of the slider.
But every time I change a single element's position style value to whatever, the whole style of the whole frontpage/slider-view is messed up. With messed up, I mean that all styles, positions and so on have changed, all animations are not working anymore and so on.
Everytime before I made a single change I duplicated the views like on the following screenshot, so that I can always return to the previous:

Image title

Here you can see, how I changed the position value of the menu to be on top of the md-slider (here md-slider is called frontpage-slider):

Image title

But no matter what I change or try to do, it always messes up all the views, I cannot work like that, and I need to get it going untill monday.

You can have look on the messed up-version here. Like you can see there, all the styles of the other parts of the front-page are messed up if you scroll down although i just changed the position values of only the upper columns, which seems to be a big bug. (Maybe only in drupal 8 version?)

Please I really need some urgent support with this.

Can I maybe chat with you via skype or something or do you have any chat possibility?
Here it always takes a day to get an answer.

Is it maybe better to switch back to drupal 7 and install everything with the drupal 7 version?
I think you programmed it for drupal 7 and then just converted awecontent and so on to drupal 8, am I right?
It doesn't seem to originally be for drupal 8 if a single change of a style causes so many errors of all other styles.

I have to get this homepage working untill monday, so I really need your help as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Phil

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 03/16/2019 - 02:29

Hello

Your second comment is not private

Please set private first

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 03/16/2019 - 05:27

Hello

It would be much better if you could send us your cPanel account. So, we can re-install the theme for you (Drupal8)

Then, you can ask for support with request by request. It is more easier for us to follow

Is it ok?

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 03/18/2019 - 22:47

Hello

Sorry for the late respond

1. Do you have Cpanel? It would be fatest and much more convenient for us to use cpanel to upload source
2. We access your Server and see your website source. Can we remove and re-upload? make sure you have back-up 

Sakerfalke's picture
Sakerfalke
Tue, 03/19/2019 - 02:46

I already told you, that I (my provider) doesn't have cpanel and I don't need a backup. Please continue and don't wait any longer. 

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 03/19/2019 - 22:14

Hello

We deleted files and folder, yet we could not delete 2 folders in folder VENDOR. We see 2 folders: BIN and GRASMASH in folder VENDOR. These 2 folders are not available in source ALPINE that you downloaded from themeforest. 

Please remove these 2 folders

Sakerfalke's picture
Sakerfalke
Wed, 03/20/2019 - 09:06

I didn't know these folders in the folder vendor either.
I tried to delete them, but it wasn't working. My provider deleted them now via SSH.
They also explained me, that cPanel would only be available on root vServer packages, which are too expensive for me.

Maybe these folders were there, as there has been some linkage with a composer installation i tried once.
I wanted to update drupal via console, but it didn't work as expected.

Now these folders are deleted.
Please proceed/ continue!!!

Sakerfalke's picture
Sakerfalke
Thu, 03/21/2019 - 18:47

Thanks for uploading the files.
I finished the installation.
Then I updated it to drupal 8.6.13.
I made a backup of everything, the files and the database.
Everything I did so far seemed to work.
3 hours later I went on the homepage again and noticed that I had no access, which is weird.
I deleted the ftp access I gave you, maybe someone changed something while I was working on it.
Then I backed up the files from 3 hours ago and I have access again! What on earth was going on?
Maybe someone saw the post with the account data I provided here?! (but it was private! what the heck?)
I changed my database settings as well!

Sakerfalke's picture
Sakerfalke
Thu, 03/21/2019 - 18:49

It is very hard to change the look of the (main) menu, like text styling, background and background color, positioning and so on.
I cannot change it with awecontent and I don't know how to do it with the backend of drupal.
The only possibility I see is by searching the relevant values in "/themes/md_alpine/css/style.css", which is really bad.
I bought this theme because I thought it is easy to customize.
But I think it is not?

I still cannot download the files on my account here on megadrupal... Why?
Is there no documentation for the drupal-8-version of the alpine-theme?

It also very time-consuming to make a slider with md-slider.
There is no possibility of putting in own css-text-stylings in the slider.
There is no possibility of putting in svg-pictures.
The only transparent pictures I can import, are png, which is not what i wanted... Or is there another possibilty?

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 03/22/2019 - 00:10

hello

We send you the documentation of the theme with Awecontent https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArRPkgVQNPYZhGYsR7mwiHNmPFjw

Please check the doc

This theme is built with our MD Awecontent builder. It is very easy to customize

Sakerfalke's picture
Sakerfalke
Fri, 03/22/2019 - 07:32

you sent me the drupal-7-documentation again. In this documentation there are a lot of settings, that are not available in the drupal-8-version of the theme.
Especially settings I am interested in, like the menu and the top header section.

And why do you always only answer one of my questions partly?
What about my other questions?

It's also the third time, I asked you, why it is not possible to download the files in my megadrupal user account! You never answer this question, which is really weird.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 03/25/2019 - 03:33

Hello

We are checking your user permission. Yet still find no reason yet. We still can download files from account page

Basically, our drupal 7 & 8 version are not very different. Drupal8 version is also built with awecontent. So, you can mostly change settings with Awecontent. You can check out Awecontent doc 

+ Menu: you can change color, font in file style.css. (http://tc-unterföhring.de/themes/md_alpine/css/style.css)

+ General text style is set in file style.css. And you can change style, color... of each section's text with awecontent

+ Background of the whole website can be changed in admin/appearance/settings/md_alpine. And background of each section can be change with awecontent

About MD Slider,

+ You can import google fonts into md-slider http://prntscr.com/n2h6p7
+ If your fonts are not from GG fonts, you can add the fonts to page, name text object's class and add that class' css http://prntscr.com/n2h7mz
+ We does not support svg-pictures. Yet our module support basic image with png, jpeg...extension

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.