fatal error: Call to undefined function file_uri_to_object() in media_youtube.theme.inc on line 20

julian66's picture
julian66
Thu, 04/03/2014 - 06:08
fatal error: Call to undefined function file_uri_to_object() in media_youtube.theme.inc on line 20

tried to install this theme using the demo install and everything runs fine - but then when i try to visit the site after the install i get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_uri_to_object() in /public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/media_youtube/themes/media_youtube.theme.inc on line 20

no idea how to fix this. please can someone tell me what I need to do?

thanks.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 04/03/2014 - 06:34

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for your concern in our product.
Regarding your question, please go to Media module and delete "File entity" folder
Regards,

julian66's picture
julian66
Thu, 04/03/2014 - 07:21

do you mean delete /sites/all/modules/contrib/media/file_entity/ folder? I did that and it did nothing.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 04/03/2014 - 23:09

Hi,
We send you the instruction email. Please check it
Regards,

julian66's picture
julian66
Sun, 04/06/2014 - 05:57

i managed to get around this problem by commenting out line 20. i guess it's not an ideal fix but it got me working.

thanks for your email though... I did get it.. however are you having a joke? you're saying i have to upgrade file entity module to alpha3 version? this is a production site. You cannot seriously be expecting anyone to run alpha or even beta versions of modules? Also... if that was the case... i used the megadrupal install package to setup my site... and so why would you have shipped the install package with an incompatible version of this module? I'd expect that the version you ship it with ought to work out of the box, no? And what you're telling me is that it doesn't work out of the box and that what i have to do to get it work is upgrade a module to an unstable version? Or have i got this wrong? I hope so.

julian66's picture
julian66
Mon, 04/07/2014 - 00:49

Ok so it looks like I am going to have to upgrade to file entity ver 7.x-2.0 alpha3 as I am having many more related issues.

For example... I cannot add the 'feedback' type in content.

I cannot edit some of the existing demo content such as that found under 'feedback'.

for example... if i try to edit Jonathan Ray in feedback i get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_type_is_enabled() in public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/media/media.module on line 995

and... under content... where it says content, comments, files and webforms ... if I try to click 'files' i get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_entity_type_get_names() in /public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/file_entity/file_entity.admin.inc on line 28

So it's clear I need to install the file entity ver 7.x-2.0 alpha module.

I have downloaded the module from : https://drupal.org/node/2120857

however... if i try to install this module it says:

Error: File entity is already installed.

Please can you advise me on how I can get my site working.

Thanks.

julian66's picture
julian66
Mon, 04/07/2014 - 00:48

updating to file entity ver 7.x-2.0 alpha3 fixes this issue.

Isaac's picture
Isaac
Wed, 04/30/2014 - 20:37

@julian66 I agree with most of your statements. I'm cooking dinner right now, but I'll update file_entity after dinner. Cindy and crew need to release an updated profile.

FYI:
http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/file_entity-7.x-2.0-alpha3.tar.gz

PS: I also had to update media_youtube to 1.0b3:
http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/media_youtube-7.x-1.0-beta3.tar.gz

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.