Developing new site with latest Alpine theme/module updates is buggy(;)...

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Mon, 03/27/2017 - 10:41
Developing new site with latest Alpine theme/module updates is buggy(;)...

Please advise. First I installed the latest version (3.0) of the theme profile, developed an one page site (based on the custom video background layout demo page you had) and then installed the modules updates offered (awecontent 1.4, etc.) but I still don't have the desirable functioning of the AWECONTENT in my site. When I save the modified working page (in which the video background layout works ok, the youtube video loads on header) as new template, in the new template and/or page created from that, the video header DOES NOT load, only the sections after the menu. I'm not sure about the relevance, but there is slightly different class declarations in body tag, between the working and not working page/template.

So except the one working page which loads correct as it should in custom video backround layout, every attempt to make another page based on any template (new created from working page or even the default home template) is not loading the video header section (only the menu and every section after that).

I need to have at least one more page for another language.

Furthermore, in AWECONTENT editing of a page/template, when selecting RESPONSIVE tab, I can only see the first 11 sections to toggle and cannot scroll or other to see the rest.

Please advice asap, because I bought this theme in order to fast develop and deliver a website and I cannot because of the various problems. This affects my work.

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 03/28/2017 - 03:35

Hi,

- Please send us your site admin account by private comment (remember to backup database + source before)

- Did you mean video as http://demo.megadrupal.com/d7/md-alpine/node/53? Please send us url of page containing your video also.

- To create a similar one for another language, you can clone page then go to edit text

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Tue, 03/28/2017 - 09:31

- Yes the home page i use in both languages (english, greek) must be with custom video background layout like the one you mentioned in your demo.

- By clone you mean "Node clone" or/and "Replicate"?

- At the time the most pressing problems I have are:

1. When trying to put a link on a share icon object (...twitter, google+, ...) the icon dissappears

2. The Responsive tab on page/template edit/design awecontent mode, does not appear correctly, especially for the tablet and phone modes. In addition, I can only see the first 11 sections for toggle their visibility (there is no scroll or similar as far as I can tell). And even so, for the visible sections, when toggle the visibility nothing happens in some pages (e.g. node/56 which came with install profile and have been modified in its content).

3. The "Video Fallback Image" does not work on mobile devices, I just get a gray area display where video supposed to be.

Please advice asap. Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 03/29/2017 - 05:20

How about your site admin account?

To clone node, you can use module https://www.drupal.org/project/node_clone

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 03/30/2017 - 00:39

Note: remember to backup database and source code before doing anything.

1. To display header video in a page, please go to admin/structure/block/manage/md_alpine_module/header/configure, section "Show block on specific pages", add link of page.

2. When trying to put a link on a share icon object (...twitter, google+, ...) the icon dissappears

=> please update following file sites\all\modules\custom\md_ac_alpine\js. 

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x7k84fc8kxtm5k/awecontent-socialicon-item.js?...

3. The Responsive tab on page/template edit/design awecontent mode, does not appear correctly

=> please update file to sites\all\modules\custom\md_awecontent\css. 

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8hc5lezyxhsqar/awecontent-drupal-panel.css?dl=0

4. The "Video Fallback Image" does not work on mobile devices, I just get a gray area display where video supposed to be.

=> Video uses OKPLAYER plugin it can not work on mobile device so you need to find another plugin. 

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Thu, 03/30/2017 - 07:19

1. Yes thank you, I figured this out, sorry I was confused by it. Now it's ok.

2. Thank you again, the updated .js file fixed the problem.

3. I updated the .css file you gave me, but I still cannot see the rest of the sections (only the first 11-12 sections appear and there is no available scrolling to the rest). The visibility toggle works ok and the preview mode also, but I cannot see all the sections (after section 12 for instance) so to toggle the visibility on/off. This is a needed functionality for be able to controlling what shows in every mode (desktop, tablet, mobile).

4. For this problem, I was referring to the fallback image which was supposed to show in mobile devices (tablets, smartphones) instead of the video. This image which is selected in theme settings, does not show instead of video when browsing from mobile devices. You just get an empty gray frame where video was supposed to be. This video fallback image, was supposed to be a functionality of your theme. I don't need at the time to show the video in mobile devices, just the fallback image. You have solved this problem for others too (http://megadrupal.com/forum/theme-support/alpine/3207), I just need the updated file(s) to fix that.

But if in the future, I would decide to choose video playback in mobile devices too, what do you suggest to do with the plugin? Which replacement should I use and how in order to work with your theme?

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 03/30/2017 - 23:15

Please send us your FTP account also, we will check and fix problems 3 and 4.

Note: remember to backup your database and source code before.

Thank you

khoa's picture
khoa
Sun, 04/02/2017 - 04:41

Hi,

I cannot login into your server, please check your info. Or you can send your source code + database to [email protected]. I'll fix then send you the updated files.

Thanks!

khoa's picture
khoa
Mon, 04/03/2017 - 04:45

Hi there,

You're right. I can connect your server by adding port number. I have fixed issues #3 & #4. Please check it.

Thanks!

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Tue, 04/04/2017 - 04:10

Thank you very much for your support! I have several other problems not so critical but as the developing going on, I notice them.

1. Could you tell me why the portfolio images are been reduced so much in quality when added e.g. with Layout 1 style?

2. When I try to add new media in an existing portfolio content, i get these errors:

• Warning: array_push() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in multiform_init_settings() (line 25 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/sites/all/modules/multiform/multiform.inc).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in multiform_init_settings() (line 27 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/sites/all/modules/multiform/multiform.inc).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in multiform_get_form() (line 75 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/sites/all/modules/multiform/multiform.module).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in multiform_get_form() (line 126 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/sites/all/modules/multiform/multiform.module).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in multiform_cache_prepare() (line 166 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/sites/all/modules/multiform/multiform.inc).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in multiform_cache_prepare() (line 172 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/sites/all/modules/multiform/multiform.inc).

• Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in element_children() (line 6607 of /srv/bindings/dd4483cb6e5540c18d56566d4315cf5d/code/includes/common.inc).

There is no image/media added at the portfolio but the image has been added and you must select again to browse for media in library and selected from there to be inserted in the portfolio.

But this is probably a multiform/media library problem so maybe you don't support it.

3. In portfolio content, when you add a link/text for button, it doesn't appear because the text does not picked up in the html code. The styling and the button code is there in html, but without the text the button does not appear.

Can you help me on these? Thank you for your valuable support.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 04/04/2017 - 05:12

1. Because thumbnail in Portfolio uses Image Style of Drupal so quality can not good as default. We just changed image quality for you, please check.

2. It is a bug of module Media. Media is a contrib module so we can not support this problem.

3. Can you please describe where and how you would like text button to display?

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Wed, 04/05/2017 - 07:50

1. Unfortunately I don't see much of a difference in quality, pictures seem pixelized, maybe because of the selected image style which crops in smaller resolution and then scales? I will try to set another image style and experiment with that. If I delete the "styles" folder in "files" directory, will it be created again automatically?

And why I get so many errors of "page not found" type for every picture in the following way:

Warning page not found ....sites/default/files/[email protected]

Please advise.

2. Ok thanks anyway.

3. The button was supposed to appear in the portfolio when you fill "Button Text" and "Button Link" fields. Although I did (e.g. node/68) , the button does not appear in portfolio page. It is there in the code but there is no text content so it doesn't show. See the code to understand:

...<div class="mybutton medium"><a href=" http://happysizes.gr " target="_blank"><span data-hover=""></span></a>
</div>...

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 04/07/2017 - 04:00

1. When using image style, image will be cropped automatically,  quality will be decreased also to make your site load quicker. If you would like to use default image, just need to uncheck image style.

3. Please send us some screenshots of where you would like to display button.

Thank you.

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Fri, 04/07/2017 - 15:46

1. Ok i will try to experiment with image styles or not to get the best possible result.

3. I think you misunderstood me. The button is there in the html code but it doesn't show because the text content is somehow empty in final rendered html, althouth i gave value to the button text field. You can check yourself in my site to confirm that (e.g node/68), if you hover in the area (center down) where button was supposed to be, you get the mouse hover icon and you see the link, but the button itself as a shape/color is not actually visible. Somehow, the button text is not get picked up by the code and you get empty content in the relevant code/tag (see in bold underlined below) in the final html code:

...<div class="mybutton medium"> <a href=" http://happysizes.gr " target="_blank"> <span data-hover=""></span> </a>
</div>...
I hope you understand now.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 05:13

We can not access your SFTP. Can you please check again?

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 05:51

...the SFTP is working...don't forget the correct port...

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sat, 04/08/2017 - 06:25

Please help us install module DEVEL(https://www.drupal.org/project/devel) so we can debug code.

Thank you.

siretfeL's picture
siretfeL
Tue, 04/11/2017 - 05:03

...ok devel module is installed...please proceed...

khoa's picture
khoa
Tue, 04/11/2017 - 05:44

I fixed your issue, please check it. Thanks!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.