IE9/8 Bug - 'Keep in slide' function does Not work

petera's picture
petera
Tue, 08/12/2014 - 10:11
IE9/8 Bug - 'Keep in slide' function does Not work

Just to be clear. I noticed this behavior in IE9 (and older IE8) only. It works fine in IE10, IE11 and other browsers (chrome, firefox and Safari).

Basically, after couple of seconds, the elements (text and pictures) disappear from the slide, even though I set each element for Stop Animation: Keep in slide.

I am using Version 2.11

Can you suggest a workaround for me, until your next release. Thanks.

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 08/12/2014 - 22:47

Hi,
Our latest version now is 2.14
Please update and check! If the problem still occurs, just contact us

Regards,

petera's picture
petera
Fri, 08/15/2014 - 10:56

Hello,

I just upgraded the module to the latest version you have (2.14) and the behavior in IE9 is still the same as I described in my first post.
Your slider works fine in all other browsers (IE10/IE11), Mozilla, Safari, Chrome.
Please test your module in IE9 browser and let me know for a solution.
Thank you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 08/13/2014 - 11:15

Hi,
Thanks for your feed back
We will check and respond you asap!

Regards,

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 08/14/2014 - 22:51

Hi,
Please send us some screenshots of the problem with IE 9 or you can make a video to show the problem
We want to take a look at the problem.

petera's picture
petera
Fri, 08/15/2014 - 13:39

Hello,

Please see the screen videos that I took.

http://byblosrentals.com/temp/md-slider-on-google-chrome.wmv

The video "md-slider-on-google-chrome.wmv" I took for the MD slider on Google Chrome. This is also the normal behavior on other browsers (IE10, IE11, Safari and Firefox).

http://byblosrentals.com/temp/md-slider-on-ie9.wmv

The video "md-slider-on-ie9.wmv" is how the MD slider behaves on IE9 browser. In this video notice that the elements on the last slide disappear.

On our campus, IE9 is still widely used and that's why it is important  to find a solution.

Thank you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 08/15/2014 - 22:44

Hi,
The animation "keep in slide" does not keep the elements stay through all slides. The elements are only kept until the next slide.
Because CS3 is not supported optimally in IE9 thus why there is only fade-in and fade-out animation

petera's picture
petera
Mon, 08/18/2014 - 18:31

I am not clear with your answer.
This is the LAST slide and the elements disappear in IE9 only.
So what you're saying is: the 'keep in slide' functionality would not work in IE9 because of lack of CSS3 support?
If that's the case is there a way to force IE9 to keep the elements on the last slide visible?
Thanks.

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 08/18/2014 - 23:08

Hi,
We tested MD Slider_keep in slide functionality on IE 9, it still works fine.
Please send us your site as well as admin account to [email protected]
We will check your issue

Regards,

petera's picture
petera
Tue, 08/19/2014 - 10:33

Hello,

I sent you an email. Thank you.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.