Update to 7.X-2.11 disabled all of my sliders

simon3's picture
simon3
Mon, 06/09/2014 - 20:38
Update to 7.X-2.11 disabled all of my sliders

Just a quick note to say that I updated from 7.x-2.9 to 2.11 and all of my sliders' blocks were set to disabled.

I had specifically published sliders to block positions on certain pages, and now they all need to be re-enabled to each page they are made for. Also, the Pages settings (Show block on specific pages) have all been wiped. Very annoying.

It's only a dev site, and I have the backup, but if this happens on the live site, we're going to have MANY sliders that will be disabled with no settings to re enable them to specific pages.

simon3's picture
simon3
Mon, 06/09/2014 - 20:39

Also, your forum has no search function, so I couldn't easily see if I'm the only one this has happened to. A search function would be super handy, so I'm not reposting issues on you.

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 06/10/2014 - 23:30

Hi,
You need to re-assign all the blocks
or
just please send us your site here so that we can take a look at your problem first

Cindy,

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 06/10/2014 - 23:30

Hi,
You need to re-assign all the blocks
or
just please send us your site here so that we can take a look at your problem first

Cindy,

simon3's picture
simon3
Wed, 06/11/2014 - 00:31

I kinda guessed that I'd have to re-assign.

I've already re-assigned the blocks, and the dev site is unavailable outside of our network, so I can't send you the website.

I quickly set up a local Drupal site on my MAMP and installed Drupal 7.26 and MD Slider 7.x-2.9.

I created a slideshow, enabled it to the page and another page in the Featured position of Bartik.

I then updated to MD Slider 2.11 and the same thing happened. Block was disabled from the Featured position, and and the path to the other page were gone. The Pages settings in the Visibility settings were blank again.

This is undoubtedly a bug that needs a fix.

Your dev team can test it yourselves. You can download my sandbox drupal site and db, set it up on MAMP, WAMP or whatever locally, and update the MD slider 2.9 to 2.11.

simon3's picture
simon3
Wed, 06/11/2014 - 01:37

Sorry, here's the link for the Drupal website I set up with MD Slider 2.9 installed, ready for the 2.11 update.

http://bit.ly/1lmi42C

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 06/12/2014 - 00:46

Hi,
You need to run update.php before re-assigning the blocks

Cindy,

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.