WSOD when editing slider

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Sat, 05/03/2014 - 08:20
WSOD when editing slider

I just purchased MD Slider yesterday and I am in the process of creating my first slider. I watched the tutorial videos.
I was able to save my first MD slider. It does list in the display when I navigate to Structure-->MD Slider.
When I click edit I receive the WSOD.

I was able to navigate back to my home page and found the following messages after receiving WSOD:

Warning: include_once(sites/all/modules/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in md_slider_edit_form() (line 450 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kofcsandbox/sites/all/modules/md_slider/includes/md_slider.admin.inc).
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'sites/all/modules/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.4/lib/php') in md_slider_edit_form() (line 450 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kofcsandbox/sites/all/modules/md_slider/includes/md_slider.admin.inc).
Warning: include_once(sites/all/modules/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in md_slider_edit_form() (line 450 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kofcsandbox/sites/all/modules/md_slider/includes/md_slider.admin.inc).
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'sites/all/modules/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.4/lib/php') in md_slider_edit_form() (line 450 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kofcsandbox/sites/all/modules/md_slider/includes/md_slider.admin.inc).

I'd appreciate your help in resolving this problem. Not sure what I have done wrong.

Thanks.
Drew

cindy's picture
cindy
Sat, 05/03/2014 - 09:28

Hi,
We are now spending our national holiday
We will be back next Monday and will work on your issue
Regards,

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Sat, 05/03/2014 - 09:29

Enjoy your holiday. Wishing you the best.
Thanks for the reply to let me know.

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 05/04/2014 - 23:30

Hi,
What version are you using? dev version?
Currently, we do not support dev version
Regards,

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Mon, 05/05/2014 - 14:17

This is the version that was downloaded after I paid for it:
md_slider-7.x-2.11.zip
Is this a development version?

I am not using a Drupal development version.

Drew

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 05/06/2014 - 04:24

Hi,
We are sorry for the misunderstanding here
What we mean is that you are using dev version of Media. aren't you?
And we currently do not support Media Dev
Regards,

kcobb's picture
kcobb
Wed, 05/07/2014 - 09:01

Hi Cindy,

When will we have support for this version of Media?

Thanks

FYI for anyone using the dev version of Media and is getting the WSOD:

Line 450 of md_slider.admin.inc calls the wrong path.

Change:
include_once drupal_get_path('module', 'media') . '/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc';
to
include_once drupal_get_path('module', 'media') . '/modules/media_wysiwyg/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc';

also change line 451 to

media_wysiwyg_include_browser_js();

These changes get me to the edit screen, but the Settings button doesn't work. I am wondering if this problem is coming from somewhere else in my Drupal installation. Could someone with the same problem report if the above is a solution?

Thanks

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Wed, 05/07/2014 - 13:40

Hello Cindy,

Does MD Slider support both Media releases: 7.x-1.4 & 7.x-2.0-alpha3 ??

thanks.
Drew

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 05/08/2014 - 22:35

Hi,
Yes, it does support
if you use version 7.x-1.4 please uninstall or remove file entity

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Fri, 05/09/2014 - 07:53

Cindy,

I installed Media - 7.x-2.0-alpha3+46-dev -
Provides the core Media API
Requires: File entity (enabled), Field (enabled), Field SQL storage (enabled), File (enabled), Chaos tools (enabled), System (enabled), Image (enabled), Views (enabled)
Required by: MD Slider (enabled), Media Bulk Upload (enabled), Media Internet Sources (enabled), Media WYSIWYG (enabled), Media WYSIWYG View Mode (enabled), Media: YouTube (enabled), Media Field (enabled)
File Entity - 7.x-2.0-alpha3+13-dev

I am still getting WSOD when I click edit for a slider. Here are the messages I receive when I navigate back to my home page.

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'sites/all/modules/media/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.4/lib/php') in md_slider_edit_form() (line 450 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/kofcsandbox/sites/all/modules/md_slider/includes/md_slider.admin.inc).

Thanks
Drew

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 12:29

Could I please get a response to my post of 5/9?
Thank you.
Drew

kcobb's picture
kcobb
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 12:32

Have you tried the instructions in my post above?

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 13:05

Is this what you are referring to? "if you use version 7.x-1.4 please uninstall or remove file entity"
It is my understanding that file entity is included with version 7.x-1.4 which I assume is why you instructed me to remove it. Since it appears that 7.x-2.0-alpha3 is the future for Media I removed 7.x-1.4 and installed 7.x-2.0. But when you use 7.x-2.0 the instructions I read indicated the file entity module must be installed since it is not included in 7.x-2.0. Did I read that wrong?
My WDOS was with 7.x-2.0.

Thanks
Drew

kcobb's picture
kcobb
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 13:53

The link takes you straight to the post. I never said anything about removing File Entity.

Your WSOD is coming from the function called on line 450 of file

md_slider/includes/md_slider.admin.inc

This post will get you to the edit screen. I am anxious to hear if the Settings button works for you once you are there.

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 14:59

kcobb,

Are you a member of the support team? You started that post addressed to Cindy. I thought it was another registered user of Mega Drupal. Yes I did try your suggestion and I still got the WSOD. But I did that using 7.x-1.4. So I might try it on 7.x-2.0. Cindy's post did tell me to remove file entity.
I didn't realize both of you are part of the support staff.

Thanks
Drew

kcobb's picture
kcobb
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 15:02

I am another registered member, but the instructions in that post worked for me. And yes, this would only apply to the latest dev version of the Media module.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 05/14/2014 - 22:56

Hi Drupalknight,
We tested and checked with Media 7.x-2.0-alpha3 and it works fine
Please send us your site as well as admin account and also fpt account via [email protected] so that we can figure out your problem
Regards,

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Thu, 05/15/2014 - 08:48

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for verifying MD Slider works with Media 7.x-2.0-alpha3.
Before I waste your time trying to figure out my problem I want to reset/restore my site and do a fresh install of Media. Media has not been a simple cut and dry Drupal module for me. And it is possible I screwed something up myself. I need to better understand the workings of Media. Especially before I promote these changes to my production site. I hope to have some time this weekend to work on it. I will check in and let you know about my progress or my lack of progress.
Thanks,
Drew

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Tue, 05/20/2014 - 10:29

Hi Cindy,

I started with a fresh install in my sandbox of my production site. And MD Slider worked fine.
I am guessing something went wrong with the way I did the install/uninstall of the dev version of Media.
Anyway I am good. MD Slider is great! I am having a lot of fun learning how to use it.
Thank you for your help.

Drew

vanromine's picture
vanromine
Tue, 11/18/2014 - 19:51

I just wanted to say thank-you to "kcobb" for his 2 changes that fixed my WSOD when trying to edit my MD-sliders:

include_once drupal_get_path('module', 'media') . '/modules/media_wysiwyg/wysiwyg_plugins/media.inc';
media_wysiwyg_include_browser_js();

I am using the following:

MD-Slider 7.x-2.15
Media 7.x-2.0-alpha4
Progressive Theme 7.x-1.1.1
Drupal 7.33

Worked like a champ.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.