Slider pushes down after load

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Fri, 02/16/2018 - 15:31
Slider pushes down after load

Hi, we have implemented the Mega Slider 2.19 on our Drupal 7 site and before all the slides load, the content below the slider is actually directly below the main navigation menu. So when the slides load then the content is pushed down to where it should be. It looks like a glitch.

https://www.xifin.com

We want the height of the slider to be the same while loading, so the content won't need to be pushed down by the slider. I hope this is understandable.

BUT we now have purchased the most recent from you just today (Mega Slider 2.24) and this version (running on our dev site) solves the above problem, BUT NOW now you can see that the below is happening instead, i.e. the slide content flashes like this before fully loaded. Once loaded it's OK.

Image title

Congnv's picture
Congnv
Tue, 02/20/2018 - 21:39

Hi,

We check your site link and see no problem as your screenshot

Please check again or send us a video that records your issue

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Wed, 02/21/2018 - 12:37

That screenshot is from our dev site, which is using Mega Slider 2.24. The live site is still using 2.19 and is having another problem. The content is only pushed down after the slider loads. How to fix that? 2.24 fixed that, but now has the other problem in the screenshot.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 02/21/2018 - 21:21

Please update the newest slider version 2.24 in your live site. We only fix the latest version

After update, if your live site still has problem, please send us the website link with admin account to check because we check our demo but see no issue

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Wed, 02/21/2018 - 22:19

We can't put the update live since the problem with 2.24 is worse than what we have now. The changes you made fixed the current issue, but that flash of content seen in the screen cap is uglier. Can you look at your update and see if there's a way to hide all the content until fully loaded?

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Mon, 02/26/2018 - 17:08

Hi, I set the slider to display:none; in the CSS, so it is hidden before the JS loads the slider and that fixed my flashing issue. Is there a problem with this solution?

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 02/26/2018 - 22:29

Do you have any account to log in the site with slider issue? We need account to check this problem cause we check our latest version again but see no problem as you reported

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Mon, 02/26/2018 - 22:32

No, our dev site is not accessible to the outside and we operate under strict security as we handle sensitive data. My fix appears to work, so I will tell you when the live site has the new version.

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 15:39

Our site now has the latest version: https://www.xifin.com/

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 21:00

But we see no problem in your live site  https://www.xifin.com/

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 21:45

Btw, we have sent you an version with tiny bug fixed

Please check your email

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 22:05

I just gave you the site as a FYI. I fixed the glitch by using CSS to hide the slides and then let the JS show them.

digibrill's picture
digibrill
Tue, 03/06/2018 - 12:31
Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.