Upgrading from 1.0-beta5 to 8.1.2 breaks site

kcobb's picture
kcobb
Thu, 11/09/2017 - 18:52
Upgrading from 1.0-beta5 to 8.1.2 breaks site

So when I installed beta5 (Drupal was in core version 3.x then), the module directory from CodeCanyon was named "md-slider". Notice the hyphen instead of underscore.

Now when I try to update to the latest version 8.1.2, it breaks the site because the database is looking for the "md-slider" directory. The new module directory is correctly named "md_slider".

How do you properly update this module when they are installed with different directory names?

Note: Drupal core is now updated to 8.4.2

kcobb's picture
kcobb
Thu, 11/09/2017 - 21:06

FYI: I ended up dumping the database, running a "find and replace" on all instances of 'md-slider', then importing it again. No database updates were triggered after running update.php, though. Were there any database updates from 8.1.0-beta5 to 8.1.2 ?

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 11/10/2017 - 02:44

Hi,

+ In version 8.x-1.0-beta, we name folder of our module => "md-slider". You can check core module slider, you will see all files' name start with md_slider

Form version 8.x-1.1 and higher, we rename the folder.
+ In new versions, we only update and fix bugs with no changes in database
If you install beta version, when you update new version, you should name the folder like in beta version. Then database will not be affected

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.