How to disable loading animation on D8 version

plto's picture
plto
Thu, 09/28/2017 - 07:32
How to disable loading animation on D8 version

On the Drupal 8 version how do I disable the loading animation in the middle before the first slide appears? The little blue pattern that shows while it’s loading. Thanks!! (love the module btw)

plto's picture
plto
Thu, 09/28/2017 - 22:30

I notice this module shows the loading animation until the entire page loads, which can be 6 or 8 seconds even on a fast (linode) server.  That means that if there is any calls to an external server such as to load addthis social networking icons the first slide doesn't load until the entire page has loaded, even the slowest external site calls.  I note that even just hiding the loading animation with CSS cuts the first slide load time from 6 or 8 seconds to 3 or 4 seconds.  Obviously a loading animation is self-defeating if it doubles the amount of time taken for the first slide to come up.  

PS. The Css I used to hide the loading animation was 
div div .wrap-cube {display:none;visibility:hidden;}

Can you please tell me how to disable the loading animation in code?  This is an amazing module but the loading animation needs to go.  Thank you!!!!

PS2. I tell all my fellow Drupal developers about the incredible Mega Slider for Drupal!!!

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/28/2017 - 22:31

Hi,

thank you very much for your purchase 

Regarding your question, you can open file md_slider/templates/frontend/md-slider.html.twig

and remove the following code:

<div class="wrap-loader-slider animated">
<div class="wrap-cube">
<div class="sk-cube-grid">
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube1"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube2"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube3"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube4"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube5"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube6"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube7"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube8"></div>
<div class="sk-cube sk-cube9"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

plto's picture
plto
Thu, 09/28/2017 - 22:47

Thank you so much!!  That improved performance massively.  Cheers!!

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.