Can't add padding to any layer in D8 slider

cmodern's picture
cmodern
Sat, 06/10/2017 - 15:09
Can't add padding to any layer in D8 slider

Hi, Since I can't import my D7 slides into D8, I'm starting to recreate them one by one (which is a lot of work!). However, many of my slides have layers that require a background color, and this background layer shows up without any padding, so it looks terrible. Changing the values of the padding in the slide editor makes that layer look fine in the editor but in the front end it continues to show up without any padding. I've tested this in 4 major browsers. Is this a bug you guys are working on? Is there another way for me to add padding to layers for now?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/13/2017 - 00:03

Hi,

Please check email for latest version and update new code (do not uninstall module) then go to configure site drupal, clear cache.

In admin/config/development/performance, check CSS mode:

Image title

you can try following solutions:
1 - uncheck "Aggregate CSS files"
2 - with "Aggregate CSS files" checked, you have to clear cache drupal after anytime you make change in slider
3 - with "Aggregate CSS files", in field add text layer, you can add html and CSS functions  (example: <div >hello world</div>)

cmodern's picture
cmodern
Mon, 06/19/2017 - 19:12

Hi Phuonght, thanks for that, unchecking "Aggregate CSS files" worked for that issue with padding. I'm wondering what the results are of not aggregating CSS files, wouldn't that decrease performance and require more bandwidth for the entire site? I wouldn't want to slow down my site for this.

Also, I've noticed that when showing the thumbnails for a slider, the thumbnails don't appear half on the slide as they should, they instead have a margin-top that makes them appear over the block below the slider, and not actually touch the slider at all (I'll try to upload screenshots of this, but this WYSIWYG editor is being very buggy and not allowing me to upload images). The thumbnails also don't show up according to the dimensions I set (100 x 100).

How would I go about fixing the thumbnails?

Thanks!

cmodern's picture
cmodern
Mon, 06/19/2017 - 19:21

Image title

cmodern's picture
cmodern
Mon, 06/19/2017 - 19:23

Image title

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/20/2017 - 06:02

Hi,

You can try solutions 2 and 3 with "Aggregate CSS files" checked. 

Please check email for updated file. We fixed thumbnail position. About thumbnail dimension, it is set by Drupal (in admin/config/media/image-styles), with each effect (there are scale, rotate, crop, etc), width and height will be different. 

Image title

so you can please go to image style and edit or add effect to display thumbnail as you would like.

Thank you.

cmodern's picture
cmodern
Tue, 06/20/2017 - 13:56

Perfect, thanks Phuonght! I'm wondering if you could comment also on the first part of my question:

I'm wondering what the results are of not aggregating CSS files, wouldn't that decrease performance and require more bandwidth for the entire site? I wouldn't want to slow down my site for this.

Thanks!

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/20/2017 - 22:29

With the solutions 2 and 3 at comment #2, site will run normally.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.