Export fails

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Thu, 03/13/2014 - 14:24
Export fails

Hi all,

I have two sliders that both work ok but when I try to export them instead of the code I just get this:

[]

screenshot here http://i.imgur.com/HsXT5po.jpg

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 03/13/2014 - 23:38

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for your concern in our product.
Regarding your question, please update the latest version and then run the file update.php
Regards

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Fri, 03/14/2014 - 06:38

Hi cindy,

Thanks but I am using version 7.x-2.7 which according to http://codecanyon.net/item/mega-slider/4313171 is the latest version.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 03/14/2014 - 06:57

Hi,
Please send us your site as well as admin account via [email protected] to check and fix your issue,
Regards

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Fri, 03/14/2014 - 08:00

Ok I have sent the email.

Thanks...

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Mon, 03/17/2014 - 08:12

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your email - you said

"We checked and tested your site with the admin account that you gave us. Please get the newest module and check again cause everything seems ok with it."

As I mentioned above and as you can see on my site at /admin/modules I already have 7.x-2.7 = the latest version.

Did you try to export a slider and it worked ok for you?

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 03/17/2014 - 22:28

Hi,
Yes, it worked. We have not found out your problem yet. Please give us your FPT account to check.
Regards,

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Tue, 03/18/2014 - 20:38

Hi

I have emailed the SFTP details...

Vislab's picture
Vislab
Wed, 03/19/2014 - 16:13

I'm also having a problem with export. The export is generating the very first slide I made. I have three different slideshows and it exports the same code for all of them.

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Wed, 03/19/2014 - 19:47

@ Vislab - that sounds similar to my problem. I didn't mention it here but my first export problem was that I had three slideshows and whichever one I tried to export it always exported the same one (I think the first one). So I deleted that slideshow thinking that that would let me export a different slideshow and that is when the brackets problem mentioned in this thread arose.

Vislab's picture
Vislab
Wed, 03/19/2014 - 20:03

@Juc1 What is weird is that it wasn’t doing that a couple of weeks ago. So far I tried changing the theme, and shutting off modules, but I got the same results. Another odd thing is that the slideshow that is showing is no longer there (originally it had three images and I changed it with an additional image). The export code has it as the three image version of that slideshow. I too upgraded to 7.x-2.7, but the module update says that there’s newer one 7.x-2.6, which doesn’t make sense at all.

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Wed, 03/19/2014 - 20:34

@Vislab I just checked update manager and I get the same thing = http://i.imgur.com/VmdICqf.jpg

Vislab's picture
Vislab
Thu, 03/20/2014 - 03:46

@Juc1 Our programmer looked at the code behind the export and found on the server side that the developer seems to have left in some debugging or testing code that was causing the export function to always return the export code for the first slideshow in the list. After removing this debugging code the function now appears to operate correctly. The file is "md_slider.admin.inc" in the "includes" folder and on line 988 comment out or delete $_POST["slids"] = "1"; This obviously is a temporary solution, so hopefully it can be modified on the next upgrade.

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Thu, 03/20/2014 - 06:15

@ Vislab ok thanks. So it could be that MD Slider always wants to export the first slider and my brackets problem mentioned in this thread could be the result when the first slider no longer exists ie has been deleted. Anyway I will try your file edit...

Juc1's picture
Juc1
Thu, 03/20/2014 - 06:27

@ Vislab your edit fixes my export problem = awesome thanks :)

I am surprised that cindy seemed to say above on Tue, 03/18/2014 - 02:28 that the export function on my test site was working.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 03/20/2014 - 07:08

Hi,
Thanks for both of you, Juc1 and Vislab for your awesome contributive comment and support.
We made some mistakes when checking the problem.
Thanks again for your concern and contribution.
Regards.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.