Multiple Errors

Huntwood's picture
Huntwood
Fri, 09/16/2016 - 13:12
Multiple Errors

1. Why can't we control the radius corners and padding settings individually? Although there are 4 values (suggesting that they can be edited separately), they are all linked together.

2. How can we edit the kerning & leading of text boxes?

3. The Choose Image > Remove button is not working.

4. Text layers do not animate in when set to frame 0: The text will just pop in and ignore its animation settings. We need the animations to begin on frame 0 so that they occur even if someone is hovering their mouse over the banner. 

5. Swiping sliders should reverse the animation if necessarry. Example: If I am dragging a slider from left to right in order to go backward in sequence, the previous slider shouldn't slide in from the right.

6. Turning off layers does not get saved. If I want to temporarily turn off a layer of text, I can't. Saving the slider turns the layer back on. 

7. Text > Link > Border doesn't do anything.

8. Align buttons don't appear to do anything.

9. Why can't start and stop time fields be edited with the keyboard? They look like all the other editable text fields.

10. As I have already psoted in this forum, there should be a background image / main slider link (the main purpose of having banners on your website) without using a giant empty text-box workaround.

It's pretty disappointing that there are this many obvious mistakes in a paid module.

Google Chrome 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit), Mac OS X El Capitan

cindy's picture
cindy
Mon, 09/19/2016 - 01:02

Hi,

Which version of MD Slider are you using?

We have checked all issues above with the latest version 7.x-2.20 and the result is:

1. Radius corner and padding settings: => no problem. the 4 values can be edited separately as normal. They are not linked together.

2. Edit the kerning & leading of text boxes: => Just hover over the text box border or corner , then you can see the arrow to change its size

3. Choose image > Remove button: => no problem (we check both of background image and image layer)

4. Start animation of different text layers when set to frame 0: => no problem. Because you set to frame 0, the animation of text layer will be loaded at the same time of loading page. Thus, the time period is too short to show animation and you seems not to see it

5. Swiping sliders should reverse the animation if necessarry: => no problem. This is background transition, which you can set like this:

Image title

That is the transition animation between slides. If you want previous slider  slide in from the left when you drag a slider from left to right, you can choose Slide in left

6. Temporarily turn off a layer of element: If you mean these buttons:

Image title

They are buttons to hide layers. When you have more than one layer, which appear at the same position but in different time. For example, you add text: We work on Drupal - Wordpress. You want to set the word Wordpress to appear right after the word Drupal disappears at the same position. So, this button is for hiding one of the two word (Drupal or Wordpress) in Edit page of MD Slider for easier edit.

7. Text > Link > Border: We are fixing it

8. The align buttons: => no problem. These buttons are applied for multi objects (to align left, right or center elements on slider) - You just press and hold button CTRL + align button

9 + 10. Edit start and stop time fields with the keyboard + Background link => Our MD Slider does not support this as default. We will consider these function for later version 

Huntwood's picture
Huntwood
Mon, 09/19/2016 - 14:00

Cindy,

We are using version 8.x-1.0-beta2

1. Not the case in this version.

2. I understand that the size of the tet box can be changed, but kerning and leading are a different topic. Kerning and leading has to do with the horizontal space inbetween characters and the vertical space inbetween lines of text (these should be adjustable).

3. Not the case in this version.

4. How can we make the animation begin on frame 0 so that they occur even if someone is hovering their mouse over the banner?

5. You misunderstood. I understand that the sliders have different background transitions, but there should be a swiping animation that takes into account which direction mobile users are swiping. If they swipe left to right, slide in from left. If they swipe right to left, slide in from right.

6. I think that the visibility toggle should maintain its state when saved. Say that I have a seasonal layer and want to turn it off for a while and turn it on later, without deleting the layer.

7. Thank you.

8. Holding control doesn't work for me. (I am on a Mac, as I posted above, so holding control and clicking is the equivelent of right-clicking). Even so, why does this one function require a button to be held down to work, when the rest don't? Where in the user interface would that be indicated / how would your users know?

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 09/20/2016 - 06:14

Hi,

Please check your email for updated version

1. Padding and Radius issue: => solved

2. Kerning and leading: => currently, our module does not support this function yet (we have only Space option to edit space between layers)

3. Choose image > Remove button: => no problem. If you want to remove background, you can click on "X" icon:

Image title

4. Set animation begin on frame 0: => solved

5. Swiping sliders on mobile with same animation direction: Our module does not support this

6. Temporarily turn off a layer: Our Module Does Not Support This

7. Text > Link > Border: All settings when you add link to a text layer is the settings of hover. Thus, if you want to show border, your text must have border, too. 

8. Please use command instead of Ctrl button on Mac

Huntwood's picture
Huntwood
Tue, 09/20/2016 - 14:29

Cindy,

I posted that was are using version 8.x-1.0-beta2...

and the email you sent me contains md_slider-8.x-1.0-beta2.zip

Aren't these the same versions?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 09/20/2016 - 22:36

Hi Huntwood,

It is a fixed one without changing number of version. 

Huntwood's picture
Huntwood
Wed, 09/21/2016 - 11:58

1. Confirmed fixed

2. Thank you for the response - please mark down as a feature request for upcoming development?
Kerning and leading
should be adjustable: the horizontal space inbetween text characters and the vertical space inbetween lines of text.

3. Confirmed fixed

4. Confirmed fixed

5. Thank you for the response - please mark down as a feature request for upcoming development?
Swiping sliders should reverse the animation. If they swipe left to right, slide in from left. If they swipe right to left, slide in from right.

6. Thank you for the response - please mark down as a feature request for upcoming development?
I think that the visibility toggle should maintain its state when saved. Say that I have a seasonal layer and want to turn it off for a while and turn it on later, without deleting the layer.

7. Understood this is on your list to fix.
Text > Link > Border doesn't do anything.

8. This makes sense to me now - I misunderstood the use of the button. Thank you.
I would recommend that if you only have one object selected, using the align buttons would position the single object relative to the banner itself. For example: Click one text layer, click center align, text moves to the center of the banner.

cindy's picture
cindy
Thu, 09/22/2016 - 03:09

Hi,

Currently, our module does not support the features requested above. We will consider for later version.
2, Now you can add your own custom Css in CSS Class.
8, Align single element. Please see http://megadrupal.com/forum/module-support/mega-slider/1945

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.