What is the latest version?! Is it v2.19 ? And is it good?

IAR's picture
IAR
Sun, 11/22/2015 - 13:37
What is the latest version?! Is it v2.19 ? And is it good?

Hi

First of all, I feel like I should complain a little.

I'm currently running Mega Slider 7.x-2.17 on one website and it works fine. There was a problem with Youtube videos but the Support team sent me a fix a few months ago (I think it was actually v2.18 but the .info file wasnt updated properly so it it still shows as 7.x-2.17 for me). Afaik, It's been working fine since then, it's not like i have to use MD Slider everyday anyway.

Today I'm doing updates on the website, core, modules, etc. The Drupal modules update page says MD Slider version 2.18 is available. I understand I cant update directly from Drupal because this is a paid module, not a problem.

So I check the CodeCanyon page and there it shows version 2.18 (Jul 7, 2015) as the latest version. Screenshot.

I actually download the file and inside i find md_slider-7.x-2.19.zip . Screenshot.

My own account here shows 2.18 as being the latest. Screenshot.

So, what is the latest version? 2.18 or 2.19 ? Why are there discrepancies in the way the product is advertised and distributed to the customers?

With that said, before I actually apply the upgrade to v2.19 (the one I got from CodeCanyon) I would like to hear from other users on how stable it is. Any major issues?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 11/22/2015 - 22:29

Hi,

On Envato, it is version 2.19 already. You could download and update the latest version at http://codecanyon.net/item/mega-slider/4313171. 

In your account page on forum, it is still 2.18 version. We will update later.

IAR's picture
IAR
Mon, 11/30/2015 - 00:03

I see it's been updated everywhere. Drupal, CodeCanyon and here on the forum. Good! Thank you.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.