Unable to Upload images using Mega Slider 2.18

ann86.james's picture
ann86.james
Wed, 07/29/2015 - 18:57
Unable to Upload images using Mega Slider 2.18

I was having permission issues that prevented me from uploading images. The error pointed me to drupal_move_uploaded_file() in file.inc , so then I set the tmp directory path to the exact path (as per where it was located on the machine)in the php.ini file. But now I get this new error saying that my destination directory is not configured. I have no clue where this destination directory is located. 

This is the error I get :

The specified file temporary://Banner_Slicksheet.jpg could not be copied, because the destination directory is not properly configured. This may be caused by a problem with file or directory permissions. More information is available in the system log.

Thanks in advance.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 07/29/2015 - 23:31

Hi,

Please check for us some things below:

- Your image fields still upload normally or not?

- Fields which have media widget allow you to upload or not?

Our module uses media module so if you config in right way, you can upload images.

ann86.james's picture
ann86.james
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 12:07

-The images fields do not upload normally.

-Fields which have media widget does not allow me to upload.

Although this was possible perviously before I made the changes.

ann86.james's picture
ann86.james
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 17:29

Hi,

I undid the changes I made previously and got back my initial error messages when trying to upload images using MD slider.

Error message

• Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/html/mf-theming/tmp/BannerCyber_Blue.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in drupal_move_uploaded_file() (line 1639 of /var/www/html/mf-theming/includes/file.inc).

• Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpTEXXMf' to '/var/www/html/mf-theming/tmp/BannerCyber_Blue.jpg' in drupal_move_uploaded_file() (line 1639 of /var/www/html/mf-theming/includes/file.inc).

• File upload error. Could not move uploaded file.

And the fields which have media widget does not allow me to upload either. 

What am I doing wrong?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 07/30/2015 - 22:42

Please check 2 following folders: /var/www/html/mf-theming/tmp/ and /tmp/phpTEXXMf and see if decentralization is right or not. We think it should be set 755.

And you should also check in report status, maybe it will notice that your configure is not right.

ann86.james's picture
ann86.james
Wed, 08/05/2015 - 16:03

I was able to fix this issue by going into /etc/apache2/envvars and changing export APACHE_RUN_USER from www-data to the admin name; made the  the same changes to export APACHE_RUN_USER from www-data to the admin name.

ann86.james's picture
ann86.james
Wed, 08/05/2015 - 16:05

My new problem is that the animations work only on the first slide. the animation does not work on other slides only the background image shows up. WHY?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 08/05/2015 - 22:36

So could you send us your site url, admin and FTP accounts (forum link as well) via email: [email protected]?

We would like to check it for you.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.