Mega Slider 2.17 cannot add YouTube videos

tylerb's picture
tylerb
Mon, 06/22/2015 - 15:42
Mega Slider 2.17 cannot add YouTube videos

I've tried this on a couple different installs but I get the same result each time. Adding a YouTube video URL in the item settings and pressing search results in nothing. Even manually entering the video ID and title doesn't work. Is there a different URL one should be using when entering other than the usual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGOESHERE?

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Tue, 06/23/2015 - 23:55

Hi,

Please check your email. We just send you an update.

IAR's picture
IAR
Fri, 06/26/2015 - 03:47

Hi

I too had this problem and updated to the latest version that is being distributed to licensed users. I'm talking about the new 2.17.

I deleted the old MD Slider module folder, added the new one. And ran update.php which went well - screenshots at http://imgur.com/a/0eVGK .

Then i went for the MD Slider Edit page.

Immediatly i received an error message on top of the page:

Notice: Undefined index: background_overlay in include() (line 37 of local-drupal-path\sites\all\modules\md_slider\templates\admin\admin_slides_render.tpl.php).

I ignore it and test the Youtube thing, yes it works!
I add a new video layer and press save.

Boom, another error now:

Notice: Undefined index: background_overlay in md_slider_edit_form_submit() (line 718 of local-drupal-path\sites\all\modules\md_slider\includes\md_slider.admin.inc).

Despite the error messages, the website seem to be displaying fine, including the new video layer!

Only the "Edit" page of the MegaSlider shows the errors.

The rest of Drupal doesnt show any errors.

Here's a few modules I'm running and their respective versions.

• MD Slider: 7.x-2.17

• jQuery Update: 7.x-2.6

• Media: 7.x-1.5

Regarding jQuery Update, i currently have it set up to "Jquery v1.10" globally including the admin theme.

I wonder what is wrong with MD Slider and what can you do about it.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Fri, 06/26/2015 - 03:55

Irahim,

Could you send us your site url, admin and FTP accounts (forum link as well) via email: [email protected]?

We need to have a check.

IAR's picture
IAR
Fri, 06/26/2015 - 04:18

That's going to be hard at the moment.

The website is available locally only (for the moment).

So if there's anything I can check for you, please say.

IAR's picture
IAR
Fri, 06/26/2015 - 11:11

I might have found a solution

I changed the setting on Jquery_Update for administrative pages from v1.10 to "Default Drupal" setting.

I then went to check the three MD Sliders I have and noticed only two of them were giving errors. One of them was not. 

So i "re-saved" those two Sliders, it gave the errors once again (same line numbers) but now the errors are gone. I tried saving again and no errors appeared!

I dont know what did it, if it was the Jquery_Update change OR re-saving the Sliders. I would love to know.

Lionsheart's picture
Lionsheart
Fri, 06/26/2015 - 12:25

I too have some bugs when adding a YouTube video. The search does not work, and I have to go back in to add my own thumbnails. 

Is there an update out there I don't know about? I downloaded this plugin from CodeCanyon and added it to my theme.

cindy's picture
cindy
Fri, 06/26/2015 - 22:36

Hi Lionsheart,

Please check your email for updated version

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Sat, 07/04/2015 - 08:55

I too am having the problem with YouTube videos. Search does not work and basically cannot add any YouTube videos. Irahim said above he changed a setting in Jquery_Update. I only have a jquery plugin module installed. I do not have a JQuery Update module installed. What modules are required and their versions for MD Slider?

The other issue I am having is that I cannot delete any slides.

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Sat, 07/04/2015 - 09:04

I forgot to mention that I had upgraded MD Slider to 2.17 when I reported the problems I am having.

Thanks.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Sun, 07/05/2015 - 23:18

Drupalknight,

We just sent you a file to your email. Check it please and see if it works.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Thu, 09/10/2015 - 05:36

Drupalknight,

Check please :)

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Mon, 09/14/2015 - 14:06

Hello Cindy,

Can you tell me what you changed to fix the problems so I can apply those fixes to my production website? 

Now I need to fix my production site, knightsofcolumbus.org, which have the same problems. Can you tell me what you changed to fix the problems so I can apply those fixes to my production website?

Thank you.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Mon, 09/14/2015 - 22:22

Hi Drupalknight,

Our developer who helped you fix problem is on his holiday. Can we reply you later?

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Tue, 09/15/2015 - 08:50

Hi Phuonght,

Later this week or next week will be fine. Everyone needs their holidays.

phuonght's picture
phuonght
Wed, 09/23/2015 - 01:11

Drupalknight,

Sorry for late reply, our developer said that he only ran update.php then problem was solved.

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Thu, 09/24/2015 - 17:21

I ran update.php on knightsofcolumbus.org but it did not resolve my problem.

The 2 sites should be identical in terms of files. The kofcmd.org site that your developer fixed was cloned from the  knightsofcolumbus.org production site.

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Thu, 09/24/2015 - 17:27

I just realized I had upgraded the kofcmd.org site to 7.x-2.18. But the other site is at 7.x-2.12. Let me upgrade to 7.x-2.18 and I'll get back to you.

Thanks.

drupalknight's picture
drupalknight
Mon, 09/28/2015 - 16:49

Greetings,

I did update to 2.18, ran update.php, flushed all caches but I still cannot delete any slides inside a slide and I cannot add YouTube videos. Not sure how the developer only had to run update.php to get things to work. 

Next steps?

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 00:14

Hi,

Please check your email

PIA's picture
PIA
Fri, 11/20/2015 - 06:21

Hi, same problem with videos here : no doc or info about that and can not make it work.

What url must we enter ? (as the author above for youtube videos ?)

Must we fill the fields name/id ?

How can we make it autostart or not ?

Thanks

PIA's picture
PIA
Fri, 11/20/2015 - 08:31

OK i answer to myself :

• the url must be "https://www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXX"

• name/id are not required

• the module strips our urls to keep only the video id after "/embed/" ; so if you enter an url with args to autoplay like this, it does not work :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XXXXXXXXXXX?rel=0&autoplay=1

Only "dirty" workaround i found for autoplay YT videos is modifying function in md_slider_utils.inc, near line 258-259 in latest version :

changed :

# Youtube video
        return "https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$video_id}";
to

# Youtube video
        return "https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$video_id}?rel=0&autoplay=1";

hope it can help others !

IAR's picture
IAR
Sun, 11/22/2015 - 12:55

PIA

Can you share your MD version? Because this thread was initially about 2.17 but I see you posted recently (November) and the current version is v2.19 . Just want to understand which version currently has issues to decide whether to upgrade or not :)

cindy's picture
cindy
Sun, 11/22/2015 - 22:33

Hi,

Thank you for your comment, PIA

@Irahim, you should use the latest version of MD Slider because it has bugs fixed 

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.