Slide Expiration Dates & Enable/Disable toggle

mcolinburch's picture
mcolinburch
Wed, 03/25/2015 - 11:12
Slide Expiration Dates & Enable/Disable toggle

Hello.
I have a feature request.

We need an "Expiration Date" for individual slides. The input field would collect a date & time each slide should expire and no longer be included in the slider.

Also, we need an "Enable/Disable" input for each slide. Occasionally, we need to temporarily remove a slide for a short time period. However, we will end up adding it back to the slider. It would be helpful if we would not have to recreate the slide each time.

If this is not something you have time to tackle, I can do it on our installation. My thought would be to add the expiration date field and the enable/disable boolean field in the md_slides table of the database. Would you have any advice on which of the module's files I should edit for:
- adding the fields to the user interface,
- saving/editing the data for each slide and
- for retrieving the data on the front end.

I'm sure I could search through the files and find it, but I thought you might be able to save me some time and point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.

mcolinburch's picture
mcolinburch
Wed, 03/25/2015 - 11:21

I just found the "disable slide" setting. I apologize for not seeing it before posting.

I would still like to add an expiration date. Any advice you might be able to offer for that would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 03/25/2015 - 23:26

Hi,

Thank you for your concern in our slider. However, "expiration dates" is not supported in our module, we also have not intended to integrate this into the next version. If you still want this function, we can consider to work on this but you have to pay extra fee cause this is the custom work

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.