Can custom css be theme-specific, not just in the default them?

andrewdru's picture
andrewdru
Tue, 05/06/2014 - 05:41
Can custom css be theme-specific, not just in the default them?

Hi Folks,
The paths possible for a custom css file for a megamenu include:

your_default_theme/css/md-megamenu-mgm-5368a18ef2453.css
your_default_theme/css/md-megamenu.css
sites/all/libraries/megadrupal/megamenu/md-megamenu-mgm-5368a18ef2453.css
sites/all/libraries/megadrupal/megamenu/md-megamenu.css

Is it also possible to use my current theme (on a site that has many themes installed and URL-specific, via ThemeKey) rather than the default theme?
eg: my_current_theme/css/md-megamenu.css ?

Thanks for your help, and great module!

cindy's picture
cindy
Tue, 05/06/2014 - 06:05

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for your concern in our product
Regarding your question, it is impossible because the default theme is the current theme

andrewdru's picture
andrewdru
Tue, 05/06/2014 - 08:21

Err, let me rephrase this: My site has 4 or 5 themes, and I use ThemeKay to display these different themes for different pages depending on their URL alias pattern. Only one of these themes is set to be my site's default theme, yet nevertheless my site calls each of these 4 or 5 themes, depending on the path of the page.

I want to display different megamenus in each of these different themes, and I want those different megamenus to have different css in each of those different themes.

So can I put a different md-megamenu.css file in each of the different themes on my site - so when a page is displayed using one theme it calls the megamenu css for for that specific theme? And when a different page (with a different URL pattern) is displayed using a different theme, it calls the megamenu css for that specific theme?

Or must I put only one single md-megamenu.css file in the theme I've set as my site's default theme. This would mean that any megamenu in any of the themes would draw the same custom css no matter which of my site's themes I'm using.

I'd rather have a separate megamenu for each of the different themes on my site.

Hope this makes sense, and looking forward to your answer. Thanks.

cindy's picture
cindy
Wed, 05/07/2014 - 03:23

Hi again,
We now see your point and it sounds great.
However, currently we do not support this case
Regards,

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.