selectnav and mobile menus

donok's picture
donok
Wed, 04/23/2014 - 14:27
selectnav and mobile menus

Hello --

I have MD mega menu wortking fine with my site, but there seems to be a built-in selectnav class that activates when the screen is less than 600px.

How can I control this menu? It is not understanding/showing any sub-menus -- I use views lists as sub-menus - so, it makes navigating the site impossible for mobile devices.

Help?

-- Don

doug1's picture
doug1
Sat, 04/26/2014 - 21:57

Also none of the links seem to work on mobile devices

donok's picture
donok
Tue, 04/29/2014 - 18:44

Hello Doug - no word from megadrupal here, but what I ended up doing is hiding through CSS the block that had their menu and then creating a new menu that is triggered by responsive menus module that is visible below 600px that linked to a views page with all the links - works for now - simple.

doug1's picture
doug1
Tue, 04/29/2014 - 19:01

Thanks Donok, I'm pretty much a newbie and what you responded with seems a bit out of my range. I will give it a try and see what I come up with. Thanks again

donok's picture
donok
Tue, 04/29/2014 - 19:14

Newbie with CSS or Drupal? Or Both? The drupal module is at: https://drupal.org/project/responsive_menus - you set it to activate at 600px (I think the default for the module is 800px) - I then, did this in the css (where #selectnav1 is the megadrupal menu and #menu-bar is my menu I only want on screens thinner than 600px) -- hope it helps:

@media (min-width: 601px) {
#menu-bar {
visibility: hidden;
display: none;
}
}

@media (max-width: 600px) {
#selectnav1 {
visibility: hidden;
display: none;

}
}

doug1's picture
doug1
Tue, 04/29/2014 - 19:40

Excellent I will give this a try. CSS I'm somewhat familiar with, it's drupal and views that my learning curve starts.

donok's picture
donok
Tue, 04/29/2014 - 19:49

You may not need to use views for the menu - I only did it becasue I have a list of nodes that megamenu is showing that is created through views - I just created a new really simple menu and added a menu item "index" and then had it point to a page I made of that same view. You might just want a simple menu that only shows when the screen is small - don't need views for that.

Have More Idea?

We are here to build your website!

No Universal solution fits all special business requirements. Our experienced team is ready with ideas and state-of-the-art technical solutions to consult the best solution within your budget.